Monday, December 22, 2008


Yesterday, my husband's mentor and a dear friend of our family, lost his battle with cancer. As if in sympathy, the Earth around us has decided to stay very cold and bitter today. My first thought, after the initial shock and heartbreak, was in feeling so badly for his family to have this pain right before Christmas. But it eventually came into my sphere of consciousness that although his battle with cancer was relatively short, his death was imminent. Maybe in God's timing, He hoped for peace for the Thomas family. I truly hope that they find that peace, through the pain, and that they know how much of our hearts will be with them at this time. Art was loved and he will be missed. Good bye our dear friend.

Oh, yes, and to all those wonderful men in my life who have gone before him, please show him around!

0 comments: