Friday, January 30, 2009

Simple...

...my word for today is simple. Trying to simplify my life, streamline my needs, prioritize my obligations. Trying to focus in on only the most important things and then creating room to breathe.

I took some photos of soap today {more of which you can peek at here}. Not typically the one's I typically shoot for product photos with the soaps all wrapped up and decorated...ready to gift away or show off to guests or to display. Just soap...in it's raw naked basic form. I'm not sure what my motivation was to photograph my soap in this way but I love the way they turned out. They captured the simple beauty of the craft; the beautiful function of the soap just as it is...free of any unnecessary adornment.

I'm wishing that I can find the same sort of fulfilment from my life...beautiful for just what it is.

1 comments:

ELK January 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

we all walk that same path at times ~your images are wonderful in their simplicity!