Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Maintaining Grace...

I'm working very hard to practice grace and patience as I sit here on baby Maya's official due date with no baby Maya in my arms. This is not a new place for me...my girls were both 'late'. However that makes this place of limbo and uncertainty no less uncomfortable. I'm mustering the most positive attitude that I am able...using my last {cherished} bits of free time to read, rest, paint, & snuggle with the girls.

Although there are pockets of time that I want to give in to feelings of complete, un-nerving impatience, this particular situation is providing me with plenty of opportunities to be completely present in each moment...savoring all the little things going on around me. Every morning that I still wake in my own bed to the sound of their little pitter-pattering feet running in to cuddle with me in my bed, I thank God that I was there for that moment. When I run into a friend that I haven't seen in months, or spend a quiet afternoon painting in my new craft room, or get to spend my evenings on the couch cuddling with my husband...I think of all my blessings. And even though I do still fall sometimes, I think I'm doing a pretty good job of maintaining grace!


0 comments: