Friday, June 26, 2009

Worth Noting...

I'm a huge fan of Burt's Bees products. {I know that technically they're competition, but...} I've been using their products for years and probably they were a source of inspiration to start making my own natural bath & body products. Anywho...while flipping through my latest 'Body & Soul' mag, I found a little Burt's Bees take-along card with synthetic ingredients to avoid. SINCE our skin is our body's largest organ and SINCE everything you put on your skin goes into your body and SINCE I'm a big advocate for more natural body care products, I thought I would pass along the info. Read the list then take a look at what kinds of yukkies are lurking in your current products.

Cleansers
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Sodium Myreth Sulfate
Petrochemicals
Petroleum
Mineral Oil
Paraffin
Preservatives
Parabens (all of them)
DMDM Hydantoin
Chemical Sunscreens
Oxybenzone
Avobenzone
Octinoxate
Moisturizers
Propylene Glycol
Butylene Glycol
Polyisobutene
P.S. I've recently tried the Burt's Bees shampoos, conditioners, and bubble baths and am loving them.

0 comments: