Thursday, September 24, 2009

Heart Full of Love...

I am here to give testament that the hardest rains bring the most beautiful of rainbows. This week has been sunshine after last weeks rain. All of it brought experience, growth, and beauty and this week we seem to be enjoying the harvest of our efforts.


While Rayne is at school in the mornings and Maya has been taking some consistently healthy naps {cross your fingers}, Layla and I have gotten little daily pockets of time to be together just the two of us. Some days we read, some days we play, and some days we just color. But since we had decided together with Layla that this year wasn't quite the right time to begin preschool, most days we try to do some type of learning activity together. She is enjoying the challenge, the obvious improvement in her scissor skills, and the attention from her mama. I am very much enjoying being a part of her learning and her growth and I'm loving our one-on-one time together. It's been keeping our connection and our mutual understandings strong.


My Maya, my sweet, sweet Maya, has said her first word: "mama"! It's very sweet, very endearing, and very exciting for all of us here in this house. {Dad is a little miffed that he wasn't the object of her phonetic efforts...but happy just the same} She is very proud of herself and her new ability to call to me in a way I most certainly cannot resist. I do have this profession on video for all those who are currently thinking that no 6 1/2 month old could be speaking already {and for those who just want to see her in all her cute glory} and as soon as I get it uploaded I will post it.



And my Rayne, my strong, capable, and amazing Rayne, is doing so very well in Kindergarten. She loves her teachers, loves the many friends she's already made, loves the bus, the books, the activities. She's so excited to read and she's getting closer every day. I miss her very much every moment that she's there, but I'm so happy for her and so proud of all that she is!

As far as being a mama goes, I just don't know if the blessing cup gets any fuller!

I hope that you all are having a great week as well!

1 comments:

Jamie September 25, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

Your daughters are so beautiful and very lucky to have a mother so dedicated to helping them learn and grow.