Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hello September...

...it's so nice to see you again!

I cannot believe that I was actually ready for September to begin. All August long, I felt for sure that I would be hanging onto summer with absolute assiduousness. Life can surprise you...along with your own strength and character, sometimes.
September has also meant the re-opening of the soap shop!!!! To be truthful, this nice long month that I "took off" was the first time in many years that I have taken a vacation and did not think about work much at all. Yes, I made soap and did a few various other work-related tasks...but anyone who owns their own business knows that the fun parts constitute only a fraction of the work.
Anyway, I thought that I would have trouble getting back into the work swing. But if felt good to open up the shutters and dust the cobwebs off the old shop this morning. I'm getting excited about the upcoming season and impending events. Also, I've missed my customers: missed our interactions, missed our tiny conversations, missed our shared visions for perfect gifts, etc.
So, what have we learned from our month of August {that was truly all about growth and learning for me}? We learned that change can be good...when the timing is right. We learned that letting go is hard, but essential for growth. We learned that taking time off is essential and refreshing. We learned that being gentle with ourselves is one of the most valuable tools in helping us be our best, most authentic selves. And we learned that, while being lazy is super fun, getting back to work feels good too! There is a time and a season for everything.
Please stop by the shop, say hello, and join me in welcoming September!

1 comments:

Jamie September 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

I'm glad the shop is opening up again - your Loganberry soap is my favorite part of my morning routine.