Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's Beginning...

...to look a lot like Christmas!!! And I am loving it!

Life has been super busy for us around here lately. The simple bustle that the holidays bring along with holiday soap orders coming in and trying to get ready for my open house next weekend...it's all kept us in pretty much constant motion for the last few weeks. I'm definitely getting a good sense for the luxuries vs. necessities in my life. I've had to cut back the time I'm spending at different things to give them to others. I'm hearing very loudly where my heart is wishing to be and once this Christmas season is over I'm really going to need to evaluate which parts of my life are no longer serving me and which parts I need to grow into more. Life is constantly flowing; ever changing, joining with others, branching out...we need to remain fluid so that we can continue on our paths.
Because of having a new{ish} baby around this Christmas and being additional busy with my family's needs, I've have to be very realistic as to what was going to be feasible this year as far as Madeline Bea Soap Co. is concerned. I'm proud of the limits I placed upon myself in order to be the mom that I need to be. I truly feel that I have adequately put my family first this year. But it has meant giving up the feeling that I'm well stocked and well prepared for holiday business. It has meant being good enough rather than my normal strive for excellence. I would like to be operating at my normal level...it drives me crazy to not be giving something 110%. But the reality is that I now have three very young children...one of whom is the cutest baby ever who is literally attached to me constantly. And I like things that way. I like that I'm busy with my kids. I like that Maya sleeps with me. I don't want to miss the everyday moments with my children. In a few years, I'm going to be so happy that I chose to go with my family flow rather than disturb it and rush it along for a little bit of extra productivity.
So, this week, I will be a little extra busy with the soap biz. But after that, I'm going to slow down, savor the magic of this most cherished season, and enjoy the holidays with my family.
What's your holiday game plan? How are you balancing the busy?

2 comments:

Kristi November 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Beautiful said Meagan! I haven't found my balance yet. I do hope to find it soon! :) LOVE this image!

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 November 29, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

It really is so difficult to balance everything and I hope you find what works best for you and your family. You have a lot going on...just remember to follow your heart!