Monday, February 8, 2010

Making Valentines...

The girls and I spent some time this weekend making Valentine's for some of our most favorite people. I used some heavy white card stock and printed out a simple message on the right hand side of a two column page. I typed "Happy Valentine's Day" 1/3 of the way down the page and then again 2/3 down the page. I then cut each page in half width wise so that we'd have cute little 4 x 6 note cards with the typed message inside.





I broke out some pink patterned papers, heart punches, pink heart doilies, and love themed stamps and let the girls decorate the cards however they wanted.

Typically, when you do crafts with kids, you have to just let go, bite your tongue, and tell them it looks great no matter what. But Rayne and Layla really did a very nice job with these Valentine's.


Of course, we had to break out the pink glitter!


I usually just put some in a little bowl so they can pinch and sprinkle as they wish.

These girls did an amazing job! I'm so impressed with how they turned out.
So if you get one of these in the mail, consider yourself very lucky because I wanted to keep each and every one!
Happy Valentine making!

10 comments:

Corinne Cunningham February 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Those are so sweet! I can't wait until our crafting gets a bit more... orderly... at 18 months Paige is modeling after Picasso most days, and Fynn just can't be bothered! ;)

JennOvey February 8, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

They look simply adorable.

Kristi February 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

Your girls made some very beautiful cards and best of all they were made with love and...pink glitter! ♥

Unknown February 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

They turned out great Maegan!
Love that you and the girls got all crafty & scrapbook-y. :)

Jade Sheldon February 9, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

Oh my, they turned out so lovely! Be sure to tell your girlies that they did a fabulous job!!

Sigh... I just love Valentines :)

Jamie February 9, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

So beautiful!

Cassie February 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

How wonderful! They turned out so beautiful! Doing this myself in a few days. Also making cupcakes! Not with any little ones of my own.. but I'm loaning out some cute little cousins :-D

Johnna Riddell February 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

I meant to comment sooner... these are delightful! What wonderful, magical, girlie little valentines. I just adore how they turned out! It really got me to wanting to go through my old card stock...

Looks like you had a great time and made some wonderful memories!

Happy Valentines to all you girls!

PhotoPuddle February 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Gorgeous cards. Looks like you had a lot of fun too. Can't wait to do stuff like this with my daughter. We made a rather more simple valentine's card to day by scribbling on a piece of card then sticking hearts on!

Nicole February 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM  

These are gorgeous! Good job! My 3 girls and I will be doing this today:)