Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ballet & Random Weekend Stuff...


Well, it seems to have been my turn to get that nasty stomach bug! Yuk! Thankfully, it held off until after the girls' dance recital on Friday night to wreck it's havoc. I'm finally off the couch today so I thought I'd just stop by and share some pictures from the dress rehearsal.


They both did amazing at the show! This was Layla's first year of dance so I was a little worried that she wouldn't get on the stage or that she would freeze up...but she went out and danced it up!


Why do I only have one picture of Layla you ask? Well, they were actually in separate shows and Brent and I had to split up dress rehearsal duty...so this picture of Layla was actually taken by Brent...and this was the only one he took.


In some other news....WOWZA...your response to the Creativity Boot Camp has been incredible! Thank you so much for joining in and spreading the word! I am truly excited about coaching and I hope to post a little FAQ about the course this week.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend and I'll see you soon!

14 comments:

CSC May 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

Those are absolutely amazing, gorgeous captures! Even though there's only "one" of Layla, it's beautiful!

Hope you're feeling better soon and looking forward to my very first EVER creativity workshop. Not a creative bone in my body, but I hold out hope :)

Corinne Cunningham May 23, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Hope you feel all better soon, the stomach thing is by far the worst. Those photos are gorgeous, it makes me want to run out and sign Paige up for dance :)
And friend, your Boot Camp is growing like crazy! I feel like it's all over the interwebs and whatnot!! Yay!

Debbie H May 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

Oh my goodness, what beautiful photos!! Just found your blog for the first time but it is going straight into the list of faves to read!

Emily May 23, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

These photos are beautiful! How amazing it will be for you and the girls to have these photos to look back upon over the years. Thanks for sharing (and feel better soon!).

This Heavenly Life May 23, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Oh, my. These pictures are GORGEOUS! Wait...it's your girls who are gorgeous, and you've just done an outstanding job of capturing that :) So lovely!

I hope your stomach bug is all bugged out, and I can't wait to read this FAQ you have in mind! Maybe it'll settle my stomach...why am I so nervous about boot camp?!

Beth Simmons May 23, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

I'm so sorry you got sick:( It seems to happen on your weekends...no fun!! These photos are incredibly beautiful! Get well soon! And I'm so excited for boot camp:)

Alely May 24, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

thank you maegan for your encouraging and sweet comment about my fun photo shoot! you don't know how much i appreciate it, especially coming from a photographer like yourself! you put a smile on my face! of course, loving your amazing pictures as always! have a wonderful day!

Rosie Fluegel May 24, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

These are so sweet. Even your hubby's pic is adorable.

janine May 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

Wow - these are stunning photos! Such beautiful girls you have :)

ffprncez May 24, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Breathtaking... Sorry to hear you are ill. Hope you feel better soon!

Jamie May 24, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Glad you are feeling better!

What beautiful ballerinas! You capture them so beautifully. I'm amazing at how calm they look, I would have been jittery and scared, instead they look serene.

raining sheep May 24, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Oooh! hope you are feeling better. The girls look absolutely gorgeous. I love those photos. I had boys hence no ballet in my life...just smelly football sneakers.

Relyn Lawson May 31, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

He may have only gotten one image, but he sure made it count.

Laura King June 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

These pictures are breathtaking, simply moving my dear1