Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why Blog?

Why blog? This is a question I've been asking myself for months. Faced with the temptation to start a blog but resisting due to my easily intimidated nature. So why now? Honestly, I don't know. Winter always brings me to the same life point...kind of sad and looking for new purpose and meaning in my life. Of course my husband, my kids, my craft will always bring me a certain amount of purpose. However, I always find myself looking for the next area of life to discover. Recently, I've felt out of touch with others. I'm typically an independant type and I could literally go weeks without connecting with anyone other than my family. The problem with this work/family centered life is that ultimately you'll get tired of yourself (cause that's the person you see everyday) and, in turn, tired of the same old, same old in your life.



So, why am I blogging? To connect. To find people that are like me. To push myself beyond the walls of my home and hopefully reach out to others who live a similar exsistance. I'll wish myself luck on this new venture of mine.



Here are some goals for new said venture:

1. Be more expressive about my craft and my life
2. Connect with other indie crafters and moms
3. Promote the indie crafter lifestlye by showing others that it can work
4. Make said indie crafter lifestyle work for myself!

0 comments: