Friday, May 30, 2008

Prep Work

I haven't had a whole lot of time to be freely creative this week. After being away for the holiday weekend, I had much to do to prepare for a home spa party that I'm doing tonight. I had to stock up on some products that I hadn't made in a while and spend a few days doing nothing but producing, making, packaging, etc. I don't mind working like that but I'm feeling a little robotic and I'm craving a little alone time with the new photo imaging software that I just installed on my laptop. Hopefully next week, in between the massive soapmaking that I must do, I can squeeze in some time to get down and dirty creative with something other than product labels!


My trip away was well worth the extra work I had this week. My family and I went out to visit my beloved Grandmother and a couple of my aunts and cousins. We all live all over the world so our get together are few but always wonderful! This weekend was no exception. It always feels so good to be around the strong, beautiful women that I grew up with...to be reminded of who I am and where I came from.


I have to give a great big thanks to my cousins for doting so profusely on my little ones and to my "Granny" and my aunts for proving to them that they are, in fact, princesses. (We all need to be showered with love and attention now and again...even if we're spoiled rotten for a week following).


One of the best parts of my weekend get-away was my disconnection from my computer. No checking emails, no etsy posting, no responding to emails and convos. I really never mind any part of my job but it was nice to disconnect for a while and just be together with my family without any distractions or obligations.


But, we're back in the real world now and back to work! I'm looking forward to the party tonight and must get back to rolling towels for the attendees!

0 comments: