Tuesday, January 13, 2009

33 Weeks...


I can't believe that in less than two months, Maya will be here in my arms instead of moving about (rather actively) in my belly. When I was pregnant with Layla, I felt so big and uncomfortable and I didn't want anyone taking any pictures of me. I now regret that so much because I have almost no pictures of my pregnancy with her. So, I wanted to be sure that this time I put aside my insecurities and get some nice photos of my pregnant self. Brent, a self-proclaimed non-photographer, was so kind to help me get some really nice shots this weekend. He did so well and we had a nice time together capturing this special time in our lives.

It's so funny...by this time in both my previous pregnancies, I was so ready to have the baby. But this time, I'm very happy to savor these last few weeks of semi-calm, normal, regular life. I know what's coming, and I will embrace it when it does, but for now I'm just going to relish that little bit of free time I have. I'm going to do truly selfish things while the girls are napping. I'm going to read books. I'm going to sit and cuddle on the couch with my husband. I'm going to sit and eat entire meals at a time. And I'm going to go to bed early!

If you'd like to see more of my pregnancy pics, you can check them out here!

2 comments:

Veronica January 15, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Hi, that is a REALLY great photo. One of the nicest pregnancy photos I have seen. Must have been because you were comfortable with your non-photographer and yourself. You will treasure that no doubt.

Shawna January 28, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

Such a soft peaceful photo, a beautiful moment to capture. Just popped over from a comment on S.S. I wish I had been more into photography while I was pregnant, I would have loved a shot like that one. :O) btw, wrt another post, I could not function without the moby wrap. hmmm, I'm actually wearing it as we speak. Wishing you the best in these last days before your family re-exapands.