Wednesday, February 25, 2009

39 Weeks, 1 Day, & Some Perspective...

I absolutely adore the irony in this photo of Rayne:

  1. Rayne is reading Newsweek!,
  2. the combination of Rayne and the thought of stress don't ordinarily go together,
  3. Rayne (and her sister) are often the source of some minor stress in my life...but out of a really great place of love.
This, coupled with her goofy smile...the whole package is just really humorous! A great kind-of illustration of the perspective that we all need to keep about the things that stress us out in life. Most of these things are never really as big or all-encompassing as we can make them during certain moments.

So, obviously, no baby yet. And truthfully, yes I am a bit anxious, but I'm feeling really good and still finding plenty to keep me busy. I finally got to hemming those curtains for Rayne & Layla's room {now that I have that new arts& crafts room we worked on this weekend}, the laundry is under a considerable amount of control {not a usual occurrence in this house}, the vacuum has come out of its closet more than once this week, books are being read, soap is being wrapped, etc. I pray for this type of ambition during every other moment in my life so I guess that I will harness it for now to help me keep my patience. We are literally down to mere days and I guess that's not too long to wait for a human life!

Yesterday, I came across this quote that totally reminded me of a newsletter I wrote sometime last year {which I would totally post had I not lost a considerable amounts of files in all my computer troubles...bygones}. Anyway, it really encompasses my true outlook on life:

For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. ~Sousa

I think that the quote speaks to me so much right now, reminding me that my life cannot wait for me while I wait for baby Maya. But it also speaks to so many other situations in life where we think that if we could just get through _______, then we could have/do/be ________. {you could fill in a number of things, I'm sure} You could live an entire lifetime with those thoughts and then, in the end, never have lived the life you wanted. It's all about perspective!

On a bit of a different note {but highly related if your true ambitions are to live a more creative, artistic lifestyle}, I came across this video that you should totally take a moment to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpunQZ4cUyI

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comments:

Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Found you through Shutter Sisters. This is such a great post. The quote is wonderful!