Thursday, March 26, 2009

Finding Our Groove...


Slowly {very} but surely, we are starting to find our little groove around here. As much as I was loving the hazy newborn days, I was starting to get a little anxious to settle a bit. Also, I wanted some {just a little} predictability in my day so that I would know when I might be getting a shower, sleeping, or eating my meals. {Is that too much for a busy mama to ask for?} But, low and behold, things are getting a bit more normal around here...granted a new normal, but one we are getting to know.

With Maya wraped up in her Moby Wrap, I've been able to sneak up to my craft room for little snippets of time. These bookmarks {in pic.} have been just the right size project to tackle during said snippets. I think they would make great little gifts to throw into birthday cards or thank you notes. Great to have on hand for when I remember an occasion totally last minute.

Oh, and of extremely monumental importance...I JUST MADE SOAP!!! I have an order for a May baby shower and I needed to get back to the task of soapmaking but I honestly had no idea how I was going to finagle such a thing. But, with an exuberant amount of planning I was able to push out a batch this morning. This takes such a weight off my shoulders just knowing that every once in a while I will get time to work...especially with my shop re-opening NEXT WEEK!!!It feels very soon but I'm excited to get back into the swing of things and the best part is that I don't have to leave my Maya for a moment. Oh, how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE owning my own business and working from home. This {sometimes very challenging} situation truly allows me the best of both worlds and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the blessings!
By the way, if you have some pent up creative energy, head over to Lollychops' blog. This amazing girl {who just oozes creativity} has devoted this whole week to an assortment of bunny crafts. She offers tutorials and downloadable files for all your bunny crafting needs. She made some adorable bunny onesies that I'm so hoping to tackle sometime before Easter.
Have a great Thursday!

0 comments: