Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Recipe : : Easy Peasy Cheesy Mexican Chicken

I am a huge fan of Mexican food! This recipe is hands down our favorite meal around here...and it really could not be easier.

Ingredients
1 lb. chicken breasts {cubed}
1 1/2 cup salsa
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 large flour tortillas
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown chicken in skillet over medium heat. {I add a bit of salt and pepper to the chicken as I'm cooking it...but you don't need to} When chicken is cooked through, drain off liquid and set aside. Line a casserole dish with three tortillas, overlapping them so they cover the bottom completely. In a large bowl, mix chicken, 1 cup salsa, and 1 cup cheese. Spread mixture evenly over tortillas. Layer three tortillas over the mixture once again overlapping to cover completely. Top with remaining salsa, then with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.


This recipe is really flexible as far as amounts. Sometimes if I'm low on chicken, I add more cheese. If I have a bit more chicken, I add more salsa. Sometimes the tortillas are really thin so I use more. You get the picture...don't over think this one. I don't see how you could go wrong!

Enjoy!

0 comments: