Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Card Garland...


I recently came across this tutorial on finger knitting. Being a total yarn junkie, I began right away! After a few misguided attempts, I got the hang of it. I adore the way it quiets my mind, busies my fingers and gives me something to do while following the baby around so she doesn't injure herself {she is ALL OVER the place these days, folks!}.
So I had to start thinking about what I was going to do with all my knitted garland. I thought this pretty red one would make a perfect place to display our holiday cards. I had the girls help me paint some wooden clothespins. We used metallic red acrylic paint and sprinkled some Martha Stewart glitter on while the paint was still wet.
Then we hung the garland with some finishing nails and voila! Easy peasy!

4 comments:

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 December 18, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

This is super cute and a great project to keep the kids busy for a while and feel like they are helping with an important job!

Anonymous December 18, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

That is so cute! And your first photo is very artsy, I like it. I'm going to have to look into this finger knitting, looks neat.

barbara December 19, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

great project for the kiddos :) the garland turned out really cute btw :)

Alipovyy December 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Aww, great project. (: I tried the garland, it didnt work out that great for me. lol. Your kids are cuties too.
xo,
Alison