Saturday, December 19, 2009

Recipe for the Perfect Holiday Evening...

*Four travel mugs of hot cocoa cooled to the perfect sipping temperature

*One or more cameras carried by one or more snap happy family members
*One snugly friend with which to sing Christmas songs


*Lots of pretty Christmas lights and decorations to ooh and aah over


I had really been feeling like this great season was passing me by. And I felt like I was too busy being stressed about little things to enjoy the big things. So this weekend has been all about taking it easy and enjoying the season. We've been hanging out at home, watching holiday movies, doing some crafting, a little bit of wrapping, reading, etc. We have all needed this down time together so very much. Granted, I will be a little extra busy this coming week. But when the well needs filled, you might as well fill it to the top!
Check out these pictures from after our night of lights!
I hope that you are all having a great and restorative weekend! xo

4 comments:

Kimberly Chorney December 19, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

I really enjoyed the photo's and all the sweet discriptions to go along with them! Sounds like you girls & guy had a great time. Who needs books anymore when there are such great blogs, I've always been a huge true story network fan, so this is great! Hope the fun continues through the holidays and 2010 :) xx Kimberly C

Jamie December 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Loved the photos! Just what I needed to help get me in the holiday spirit.

I finally got to my parent's house to pick up my lovely soaps - they smell so GOOD! I can't wait to use them.

Bonnie December 21, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Love the Bokeh pictures, there is something so intriguing about them :) I plan to make the yarn wreath soon! Love your site :)
Bonnie

Bonnie December 21, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

Love the Bokeh photos, there is something so intriguing about them. And the yarn wreath! I plan to make one soon, awesome site :)
Bonnie