Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pure Magic...

I'm so sorry I haven't been back to tell you how the Open House last Saturday went. Once I had fulfilled my weekend obligations I felt light and carefree and giddy with creative freedom! {meaning I no longer had to spend every single free moment making product, packaging, wrapping, etc.} So, I took a couple of days to utilize my time in purely frivolous ways...and I LOVED it!

Anyway, Saturday was truly magical. The turnout/sales aspect was good. But everything else...well that was pure magic.

A light snow fell all day, coating all the grass and trees, but leaving the roads bare for safe traveling. Brent and the girls took off early for a day of visiting leaving me to do some last minute preparations. I love mornings. LOVE them! And to have an hour in the morning...all to myself...to prepare for a day of selling my wares...Folks, I cannot say what something like this means to a girl like me! I sipped coffee, ran the vacuum, laid out cookies and cocoa, took some pictures. In that moment, I knew that if not one person walked through the door of my Open House that it had been a great day.


But in fact, business was good. And the snow added to the Christmas spirit. I couldn't even help myself when I ran outside almost every hour to try to capture just some of the magic all around.



And as the day drew to a close, I felt that the only thing that could complete such a beautiful and cozy day was a cup of seafood bisque! {Yes, I dream of food A LOT!} As if the Universe had heard my plea, one of our favorite restaurants was offering their famous Shrimp Bisque...perfect for take out!

Days like these show me more than anything how important, monumental even, that the little things in life are. Life is not about big promotions, Caribbean vacations, four car garages, awards or prizes...it's ALL about pretty snowfalls, hot cocoa, twinkle lights, and a little time alone to run the vacuum!

3 comments:

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 December 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Oh that sounds wonderful Maegan, I'm so glad to hear your day went well. I totally get where you are coming from about having just a little time to yourself, it's funny how refreshing and revitalizing just a tiny little hour can be. The small things really are what matter most and to remember that every day is not always easy but is so important. As always, thanks for sharing!

barbara December 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

yay! so it was a success!? now you can relax and enjoy the rest of december... minus all the other holiday hecticness :) i checked out your soap on etsy and was pleasantly suprised by what i saw... perhaps i'll be placing an order in the near future :) enjoy your day!

Kathleen December 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Well said, Maegan!