Friday, January 22, 2010

A Win-Win Situation...


I was so thrilled to find Craft Hope's Etsy shop last week! Beautiful handmade goods, support going to Haiti...I was swooning! I eagerly browsed the shop and just could not decide which generously donated handmade item would be mine. Once I saw this quilt, I knew that nothing else would do...I was in love!

Now, I probably typically would not have allowed myself to purchase such an elegant gift {for myself}. However, as I mentioned, all these items were generously donated and all the money collected was going to Doctors Without Borders in Haiti. So, purchasing this quilt was like making a generous donation to a fund I believe in and getting a quilt in return: a total win-win situation!
And I'm going to be honest with you here. I purchased the quilt and had a little pang of worry in my heart thinking that most likely, Craft Hope merely lists these great items and it's up to the creator to ship to the customer. I have ordered things from many a seller who have had their good name at steak who took an extended length of time to ship a paid item. I wondered what the odds were that some anonymous seller would be prompt and punctual with shipping an item that they received no money for. {I know, it's cynical...but I've been burned before, my friends!}
Much to my great surprise, the quilt arrived {from CA no less} in about three days. That is exceptional! And it is gorgeous...and very well made!

A this little lady has taken quite a shine to it. Me too, sweet Maya!

I seriously encourage you to head over to the Craft Hope Etsy shop. There are some gorgeous items for sale. But don't think too long about something because I'm to understand that items are being sold rather rapidly and if you snooze, you'll lose!

7 comments:

Kris's Kaptured Moments January 22, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

Oh, I can't express how much I LOVE that quilt.This series of images just makes me smile.Little miss seems very happy with your purchase. Gorgeous, so glad you bought something special for you.As a mom, I find it difficult to by things for me but have no problem getting things for the kids and hubby. Crazy..

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 January 22, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

You hit the jackpot with this beauty! Beautiful and for a good cause...no guilt!I'm gonna go check it out now....

Corinne Cunningham January 22, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

I just bookmarked her store! My mother quilts, so I have a soft spot in my heart for gorgeous handmade quilts like that... so pretty! Lovely choice :)

kristinak January 22, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Just beautiful....the quilt, the idea behind the shop, and you! :)

Johnna Riddell January 22, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

this is a stunning quilt and you're so right, a total win win! I love the colors and I love that everytime you look at it, you will be reminded of a world rallying together ... that's what living is all about!

ps: maya is too cute!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia January 23, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

oh goodness, that is gorgeous!! i love that kaffe fassett backing fabric! *drool*

t does wool January 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

love the quilt...beautiful...and great cause.