Friday, February 5, 2010

A Dream Come True...


I have been waiting five long months to share this with you. I am beyond thrilled to announce that my blog has been featured in the Spring 2010 issue of Artful Blogging magazine!!!

When Chisten Olivarez, the senior editor of Artful Blogging, contacted me last September about the possibility of being featured in one of my favorite publications, I was over the moon. I almost didn't even allow myself to believe the news until Christen sent me a pdf file of the article a couple of months ago. I can still barely believe my good fortune even as I hold the issue in my hands.
I was so honored to write this piece. Blogging has become such a meaningful part of my life. It was a joy to write an essay about sharing my life in an open and honest manner because I believe in its power to connect us all in this great big world.
I am so excited to have a this treasure to look back on someday; with a little piece of all my girls, our life just as it is, and my views at this precise moment. So how do the girls feel about being in a magazine, you ask? Well, let's just say they have other interests at the moment...
...but for the most part, I think everyone is pretty giddy over the whole thing!
Aside from my being included, it's a really wonderful issue filled with so many inspiring women that I admire {I'm still pinching myself that I am among them!} You can find Artful Blogging at large bookstores like Border's and Barnes & Noble and at some specialized retailers. You can also order a copy online from the Stampington website.

20 comments:

Kris's Kaptured Moments February 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Congratulations.....I am so impressed to know a celebrity...Don't forget the little people now that your famous..
:)

kristinak February 5, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Incredible!!
Congrats to you...
I can't wait to check it out.

barbara February 5, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

i'm incredibly excited for you and i can't wait to get my copy :)

PhotoPuddle February 5, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

Congratulations. How exciting!!

Jade Sheldon February 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Can't wait to pick up my copy :)

You are an inspiration!

Karina February 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

How excitng. I've been waiting for the new issue to come out...and now I'll know (at least via flickr) one of the contributors. Whoo Hoo! You go girl.

María José February 5, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 February 5, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

WOO-HOOOO! This is so exciting Maegan! I am going out first thing in the morning to buy this, I can hardly wait.You should be so proud! : )

Kristin Zecchinelli February 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

big huge congrats!!!
feels so good doesn't it?
xo!

Meg - Tea & Brie February 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

Congrats again, Maegan! I am definitly going to go out and get a copy :)

Corinne Cunningham February 5, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!!! I have chills and am giddy with excitement for you :) Yay!
From the small time I've spent around here, I can honestly say you so deserve this. Will have to check out a copy soon!

t does wool February 5, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

congrats...I am so happy for you!

Anonymous February 5, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Wow Meagan! You are an amazing photographer and your blog is beautifully written. I can see why you made it into the magazine. Congrats again and I'm so glad you stumbled across me on flickr! :)

Johnna Riddell February 6, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

O YAY! This is beyond incredible, I am so happy for you! I can't wait to get a copy! Maegan you are just wonderful and I am so glad that an honor like this was given to you.

{big hug}

Suki February 6, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Wow! Congrats.
I am so happy for you.

Jamie February 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Congratulations! I couldn't be more happy for you.

cassie February 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

This is actually how I found your blog. I love the magazine and I am so happy for you. I have spent all weekend looking through all of your beautiful photography. Cannot wait for more!

Anonymous February 8, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

Wow, what awesome news! Congratulations!!!!

Laura King February 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I am SO happy for you I can't stand it! Oh yes I've already been thinking, now who wants to meet me at B&N for coffee so I pick up a copy and say "I KNOW THIS GIRL" :) You can now add published (wonder if you ever have been before) to your resume! Enjoy your accomplishment, drink a glass of champaign, buy yourself something and most of all smile and giggle! YOU are in a magazine!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia February 17, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

congratulations!!! such a huge honor! you rock!