Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday To Brent...

My hubby turns 31 today! Yep, he's gettin' old...and we just love him to pieces! Last night, the girls and I had a little celebration for him and we got to give him the gifts we've been working very hard on for the past couple of weeks.


I knitted Brent {yes I KNITTED} a mug cozy for the travel mug of coffee that he takes to work each day. I wanted to knit him something this year...seeing as how I have just learned to knit. And a mug cozy seemed to be the best choice for a guy like him. I found a tutorial here and I had to learn some extra knitting skills to complete the project, but I thought that it turned out rather well.

The buttons I sewed on for a bit of decoration were made by a Flickr friend of mine.

I think he liked it! {look at how the girls are looking at him...I love it!}

But out best gift was the collaborative collage painting that the girls and I made together for him. It was so incredibly fun to work together with them on something this big and fabulous. We used a real art canvas, Mommy's good craft papers, and Mommy's 'real paints'. It was a multi-step project with lots of opportunity and space for everyone to contribute.





Happy Birthday, Brent! We love you so much!

10 comments:

Heidi {LaundryGirlPhotog} February 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Oh, I love this post! Happy Birthday to your hubby!! How lucky is he that he has such creative girls to give him beautiful birthday gifts?! The slide show of your girls just made my day! I love, love, LOVE the cozy, and I might have to try it too! So much fun you girls have!

Kim Klassen February 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

oh i am completely shivery from your post... so precious...and captured so perfectly.. the ways the girls are looking at their daddy...is priceless... a moment captured forever....

thank you for sharing this...and oh, my you fabulously creative girl... the cozy and the collage... just wonderful!!

xxo, kim

Corinne Cunningham February 16, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Happy birthday to your hubby :)
That cozy looks so neat! And that project... your girls looked so into it, how wonderful!

Nell February 16, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

31 years young :) Happy birthday to your sweetie.

Nell

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 February 16, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

Oh, I Love the pictures and the slide show, so cool. Your project turned out great, what a fantastic gift. Sounds like a great Birthday.

barbara February 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

i love the way your girls are looking at him! way too cute. :) it's so wonderful that you and girls made handmade gifts for him and they turned out wonderfully. what a special gift :)

Beth Simmons February 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Such a lovely post! I can feel the love in your family. I love that you made gifts together. Just as a side note, my son is the same age as your husband! Man, am I getting old or what! It does my heart good to see such a sweet happy family!

Nicole February 17, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

What a wonderful day for your hubby! Happy Birthday to him!

Karina February 17, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Love Love Love the cup cozy - how perfect with those sweet buttons. Your mixed media painting is wonderful - what a terrific collaboration - I'm sure he will treasure it forever.

Magnolia Handspun February 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

Very sweet how the girls are gathered around...very beautiful collage you made for hubs...
oh Happy Day.