Monday, February 15, 2010

Full Heart, Quiet Mind...

After a full and wonderful weekend, I'm feeling very quiet today. Which seems right, don't you think? So I thought I would just come by and share some pictures and just a few words about all that went on.

A surprise celebration at my mom's... We were celebrating Brent's birthday {a bit early} and my feature in Artful Blogging. Thanks Mom!


A relaxing visit and delicious brunch with my in laws

Fun baking with my big girls

There were lots of laughs, good food, plentiful rest, and even a date with the hubs! Plus, a couple of first steps taken by the wee one! What more could a girl ask for?

But now I must be off...Brent's birthday is tomorrow and we're having a celebration for him here tonight. So I must go clean, decorate, and hide presents! I can't wait to show you what we made for him! 

14 comments:

t does wool February 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

happy celebrating maegan~

barbara February 15, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

sounds like you had a wonderfully special weekend. :) beautiful photos :)

bright and blithe February 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

Looks like a beautiful day. Enjoy the birthday festivities!

Kris's Kaptured Moments February 15, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Maegan, these are so precious..It was so great seeing everyone working together..I loved seeing all the baking..

Good luck on Brent's birthday..I can't wait to see what you did..
hugs

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 February 15, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

Looks like a wonderful weekend..I love the rolling pin picture. How sweet of your mom, that was a celebration definitely deserving of a special cake!
Have another fun celebration tonight!

Magnolia Handspun February 15, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Looks like you all had a lovely day...busy.
Oh Happy day!

Jamie February 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend - I'm so glad. Weekends like this beat sparkly things every time - thanks for reminding me.

PhotoPuddle February 15, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Sounds like a wonderful weekend x

Corinne Cunningham February 15, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

What sweet celebrations :)

Johnna Riddell February 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

wow, what a splendid weekend!and YAY for those first steps :)i hope all is well and that you have a delightful evening.

Kim Klassen February 15, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

a perfectly lovely posting...and weekend...
hope you enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration...

oh the betty crocker sugar cookies are pretty darn awesome!! aren't they? :)

xxo, kim

Sara Kitts February 16, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

Love love love your piece in artful blogging.COGRATS! Your quote from yogi tea( I know they do rock) was just what I neded to hear today.I collect quotes like a kid might collect pokomon cards. My kids often make fun of me and my lil tea bag flags<what is the that thing called anywho? Looking forward to seeing the gifts you made :)

Nell February 16, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

What a sweet cake!

And I just love how cozy the house appears. The people, the love... so cozy!

Nell

Nicole February 17, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

sounds like a spectacular time!