Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Simple Heart Garland...

I have been obsessed with garlands lately! I love the way they can spruce up a wall or a room. And their simplicity gets me at my simple girls core!



So I needed a small, yet pretty garland for my entryway. I found these adorable crocheted hearts and flowers on Etsy...but you could easily make them, I'm sure. {I'm just trying to focus on the knitting for now...must. focus.}
All I did was lay out my hearts and flowers in the order that I wanted them on the garland. Then I fastened a small safety pin to one end of a 1/4 in. thick ribbon and wove it through each of the crocheted pieces. They slide easily so you can move them around a bit once they're all on there. I tied a knot at each end, leaving a small hoop to fit over a nail. And viola! Easy. Peasy.

Happy February everyone!

p.s...I am doing something very scary {but very exciting} tonight...well, scary and exciting for me but by other standards may not be...ANYWAY, I'll share with you tomorrow!!! *hint* It's something that used to be my whole life but I haven't done in 11 years. Wish me luck!

{edit} A couple of you have asked, and I should have mentioned before...I got my hearts and flowers here.

13 comments:

Laurie February 2, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

I LOVE these heart garlands.. I have a pattern for teh flowers.. must find one for the hearts and crochect or knit one up.. thanks for the inspiration!!

solstice letters February 2, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

How darling. Mind if I ask where you found the hearts and flowers?

Kristi February 2, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Okay, you're right. I guess this garland would be easy if I purchased them from etsy. I love it and it's a beautiful addition to your entryway.

I Sew Lucky February 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

This is soooo cute! I have been making owl garlands and people seem to be intot he garland thing right now.
I want to learn how to make this one though.

Johnna Riddell February 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

First, Good Luck! I Know you are going to do just wonderfully, whatever it is :)

Second, I love the garland! It is so feminine and sweet. I adore things like that... and Lydia, is convinced it is called "GAH-LAWN" she sounds like some old hollywood starlet when she says it! I'll make sure to show her these :)

Happy February!

kristinak February 2, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Love this! so simple and sweet...
i think learning to crochet is next on my list. ;)
can't wai tot hear what your big news is!

Jamie February 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

So beautiful! Good luck tonight, can't wait to hear all about it.

JennOvey February 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Good luck with whatever you may be doing! I love your garland, I'm always making little things to hang around my house. I don't know how I'd do with a crochet needle, but I'm sure I can do something similar with paper!

Unknown February 2, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

Really adorable! Now I must find crocheted hearts and flowers.

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 February 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Adorable!!! These are so cute and I am thinking of all the different things you (I) could do with them!:) Super cute. If only I could crochet...
Good luck, I am intrigued and can't wait to hear what you are up to, you had better update us soon!

barbara February 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

super cute! love that little etsy shop too :)

Anonymous February 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

So, I'm trying to find your email so I can get you my address, but I can't find it, am I missing it on your site? Mine is:

houseongreen @ Gmail . com

:)

LOVE your heart and flower garland, feeling like I might copy you :)

Corinne Cunningham February 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

Oh my word those are precious!