Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Conversation With Mother Nature...

{This Morning}
Me: Oh come on! Snow? Again?
Mama N: But you love snow!
Me: But I'm ready for Spring! And warm weather, and blossoms, and green grass. Not more snow!
Mama N: Yes, child {she calls me child}, but Spring is not ready yet.
Me: Right, but I have seen enough snow this year. In fact, I don't even think that Greta {my camera} will take another picture of snow.
Mama N: Oh don't be silly! And besides, this is not just any snow. This is big flaky, warm, fluffy snow...it's almost like cotton. Just look!
Me: Oh my...that is really pretty. Look how it just collects on the branches and...No! I am done with snow. Greta and I are in protest.
Mama N: Fine. But Spring is not ready.
Me: Okay, fine...like ONE picture of the super fluffy, ginormous flaked snow and that's it!

{30 minutes, 100 pictures, & lots of frolicking later}

Mama N: Ahem...see, you like winter and you know it!
Me: Yes. I do. But I like Spring, too!




Aaaarrrgghhh! You dirty rotten snow...you got me again! Okay, but next time, I'm holding out for Spring!

8 comments:

Johnna Riddell March 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

this made me smile :)

I loved reading this! I love the photos too... I love it when you can enjoy something, unexpectedly.

Kim Klassen March 3, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

this post is BEYOND fabulous!! the images, the words...

i just adore you. :) ♥ kim

Kris's Kaptured Moments March 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Okay, so you are crazy too. thanks so much, I thought I was the only one that talked to imaginary people and objects.I will say, I agree with you, you all have had enough snow for the winter. ALTHOUGH.... those are some really great shots you got today, I say the heck with it. Enjoy that snow, because you get such great shots.
BTW, I love that you call your camera Greta, I need a name for mine. I will have to think about that one.Thanks for the smiles, my sweet friend.

Alely March 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

feeling the same way. so ready for spring. found you through artful blogging and so glad i did. your pictures are amazing. i am still learning much as far as photography goes but i'm sure learning a lot. i am now following you. i look forward to perusing your blog and your future posts. please stop by my way when you get a chance. i'd love for you to visit.

xo,
alely

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia March 4, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

:) this is so great and so true!

Beth Simmons March 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

This made me smile:) I LOVE how colorfully dressed your children are for playing in the snow. Really gorgeous pictures.

Jamie March 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

I'm with you - over snow. I thought I was leaving it behind, after all I'm off to Delhi on Sunday where it is already approaching 90 degrees. But mother nature got me - a big snow storm today in SLC - at least a foot of snow I need to get off my driveway so I can get out.

Unlike you I don't think I'll have a change of attitude.

casual friday every day March 5, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Snow is beautiful and perfect... even when we're tired of it, it's so lovely to capture. And the kids always love it.

And hey, I do like a good snow day where I can sleep in and be lazy with the kids.

Nell