Thursday, March 4, 2010

30 Lists...

It appears that my 30th birthday is rapidly approaching. I've recently realized that I have just under six months left in my twenties. In my eyes, thirty is quite a milestone and I want to honor it as such.

I've been doing the 365 day photo challenge and I'm really happy with the way it's encouraging me to document many aspects of my year. But the other day {perhaps during one of those rare moments when I feel like I don't have anything to do} I decided I'd make 30 lists of thirty things between now and the time I turn 30. I like the idea of these lists because 1) I will really be able to document who I am and what my interests are right now, at 29. And 2) it's a poignant illustration of how, yes, thirty is a lot, but also not very much. It's important for me to realize and conceptualize both sides of that thirty year coin before I go thinking that I've seen it all, and also before I go thinking that my life is on it's downward slope.

I already have a list with most of the lists I will be writing over the next 5 1/2 months. I'll be posting my first list on Saturday, 30 Things I Love About Maya, in honor of the birthday girl!
See you tomorrow for Realities & Blessings! {warning: I may be awful sappy about Maya turning the big O1!}

10 comments:

Johnna Riddell March 4, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

you are so awesome... I just love your attitude! You're so humble, and so driven and so beautiful. I love that you are making these lists and I cannot wait to read them all... When Layla turned one, I cried and cried, not in front of anyone, but at night, by myself. Knowing she would be my last baby, blowing out the candles seemed like the end of the world... but the next day God really helped me and I realized that I had a whole life full of discoveries ahead of me... I still get melancholy sometimes though ;)
Have a Super Day.

Corinne Cunningham March 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

The big 3-0 will come my way, and I dread it. I don't know why, so I'm thankful to see your attitude, and hope you'll share a few of your lists with us :)

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 March 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

You are a babe Maeagan-just turning 30!? Wow..I feel old.
I cannot wait to read all of your lists, what a great project. You are always inspiring me in one way or another Maeagan!

t does wool March 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

you are a baby ;)
and a clever and creative one at that!!

Beth Simmons March 4, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

I love the list idea! You are so motivated! I have a hard time making a grocery list:) I look forward to your lists. You are always full of insights and inspiration. As for turning 3o, take from one who is almost 53, it will not begin the downward slope of life:) Actually, you may find the next 20 years even more fulfilling!

Kim Klassen March 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

i do adore a list... i'm a compulsive list maker...something about pen to paper that i adore... and not just any pen or any paper... :)


you are a BABY... . but a wise and inspiring one....

looking forward to your list.

i've been debating the idea...as i'm going to be 42 at the end of april....

not sure how that happened? hmmm

xxo, kim♥

Jamie March 5, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

What an cool project!

As someone who passed 30 a while ago - look forward with excitement. My thirties have been so much more than my twenties were.

casual friday every day March 5, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

30 is great. I'll be hitting the big 32, so at least you have a friend who will always be older than you! ;)

Nell

Nicole March 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

the big 3-0 is not so bad. i promise! i'll be 3-2 at the end of this month and sometimes forget how old i am. you really are only as old as you feel:)

Kristi March 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

You just seem to be full of wonderful ideas. I think I need to give the listing a try. I love reading yours. ♥