Friday, March 5, 2010

Realities & Blessings...


Well, here we are again at the end of yet another week. I have to say how great it is that so many of you have decided to join in! I have loved reading about the Realities & Blessings in your lives. I have to admit that my realities came a bit easier than my blessings this week. But, that is the challenge, right? So, here we go again, because even when things aren't wonderful...they still kind of are!

Reality: My baby, my sweet Maya, will turn one year old tomorrow. Birthdays bring on a complex mix of emotions for me. On one hand I'm so happy to see my babies reach these milestones and get ready for next steps and bigger things. But on the other hand, it serves as a poignant reminder of the speedy passage of time and all the things that have passed and never will again. I'm sad, pretty good and sad, about this birthday in particular. Maya and I have had such a beautiful and blissful first year together. I'm sad to see it come to an end.
Blessing: Maya has lived a full and happy and healthy first year of life. She has learned so much that she is going to take with her into her second year and expand on and jump from! I'm excited to see every bit of her growth and to celebrate her birth tomorrow!


Reality: I have been feeling very strongly about certain things in my life needing a bit of change. Certain things need to be let go, others need more of my attention, some things need some simple shifting. It's hard to let go of things that feel like a part of you. And you often wonder where {and who} you'll be without them.
Blessing: It's important to let go of what no longer serves you so that you can make room for new things. It feels good to make room and open up to new possibilities.
{I know, that one was super obscure...but I will elaborate next week!}


Reality: There were {and still are} many moments this week where I have felt inextricably lost; not really knowing where I am in life and really unsure of where I'm going. I have felt inadequate and frustrated and very much needing to read the very words I poured myself into on Tuesday when I wrote about being gentle with our creative spirits. A variety of things could be contributing here: being sad about Maya's birthday and having misplaced feelings; having some anxiety over having a party this weekend, having a lot to do, and wanting to make things great for Maya; dealing with the aforementioned reality about letting things go and moving forward; or {and what is most likely} a cause and effect of all of these things mixed together.
Blessings: These opportunities of questioning and self doubt allow for much needed introspection. If everything felt really right and perfect all the time, I would never question things, never change, and never grow. Also, these kind of low, dark places allow me to write essays {like the one from Tuesday} and they allow me to help and inspire others with my experiences and then with my consequential insight. How could I possibly write about overcoming issues without ever of having issues myself?


Okay, well those were pretty heavy today. And although I may have a few others, they seem silly after these. And let's be honest, sometimes reality is light, funny even. But sometimes it's not.  So, I'm going to leave it at that. But I'll be back tomorrow with the first of my 30 Lists: 30 Things I Love About Maya!

If you decide to join in and post your Realities & Blessings {heavy or light}, please put your link in the comments!

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

PhotoPuddle March 5, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

Aw, happy birthday Maya xxx

Magnolia Handspun March 5, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Beautiful and thoughful post.
I'm in Maegan..I have to write myself a note to do a post on friday.
You have a way with words as well as images...very heartfelt and tender...I can relate, as a 40 something mom and creative person.
Thank you for this.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Bithday to Maya.

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 March 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

Wonderful Maegan! And how cute could that almost-one-year-old of yours be? Just adorable and she looks so happy. Have a wonderful weekend celebrating Maya's big day! XO!

Beth Simmons March 5, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Thanks for the realities and blessings again this week. I really like this weekly post. I really identify with this one. I really have something I need to rearrange in my life. A time stealer. I think your post just nailed it down for me:)

casual friday every day March 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

All so heavy and real and raw and --- I loved it all. Being able to get a very real glimpse into who you are, your heart... it's beautiful.

Nell

Kim Klassen March 6, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

such a thoughtful and honest post...

many things i can relate to...

such a gift you have for beautiful words and images.....

♥ kim

barbara March 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

i love reading your blog... you're so inspiring and such a wonderful writer. :)

Jamie March 6, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

I am loving this series!

For me the reality was seeing my grandpa in a care center. It was so hard. But I am also grateful that the kind of help he needs is available and for the wonderful people who are giving him what we no longer had the skill to give.