Saturday, March 6, 2010

One Year...

Today, at around 1:45am to be exact, my sweet Maya turned one year old! We are having the best day full of smiles and celebrations and family and, of course, Elmo! I thought today would be the perfect time to write one of my 30 Lists. I loved writing this list! I really feel like it gives a great overview of Maya, right now, at one year! So, here we go...


30 Things I Love About Maya

  1. Her fuzzy hair

  2. Her laugh

  3. The way she rubs my belly with her hand while she nurses

  4. The sweet way she rubs my arm when I'm holding her on my hip

  5. How fiercely she loves her family

  6. How she'll only sleep if she's with me

  7. The heart shaped birthmark on her arm

  8. The way she points at things with her tiny little pointer finger

  9. How she yells at the dog when he barks, waging her little pointer finger at him

  10. How she shakes her head no right before she does something bad

  11. That she loves to get {and give} Eskimo kisses

  12. The way her cute little dimpled tucus looks when she stands up in the bath tub

  13. How she always wants to stand up and walk around in the bath tub

  14. How she gives kisses with her whole body: with the "mmmm" starting at her toes, working it's way up to the big explosive "MWAH"

  15. That she crosses her little feet when she's eating in the high chair

  16. How she always wants to be in the kitchen with me {usually rearranging the pantry}

  17. That one of her favorite things to do is carry around the empty dog dishes and/or the dog leashes

  18. How much she loves taking the dogs outside {and how she gets so mad if you don't take her}

  19. The way she closes her eyes and smiles when air blows in her face

  20. How she kicks her feet when she gets excited

  21. The way she bobs her head when she wants you to sing or she wants to hear music

  22. That she always dances as soon as she hears music

  23. How much she loves Elmo {and the cute way she says "Mel-mawl-mo"}

  24. How much she loves to play peek-a-boo

  25. That she gives really great, big hugs

  26. The way she smiles and flirts with strangers...but then plays shy when they smile back

  27. Her determination

  28. How she likes to cuddle and nuzzle first thing in the morning...and then again after I come down from getting my shower

  29. Her curiosity and wonder about life and everything in it

  30. That she loves and needs me almost as much as I love and need her


Happy 1st Birthday, my sweet baby Maya!


14 comments:

Beth Simmons March 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Birthday Maya! I love these precious 1 year old photos of her. They are superbly done and she is gorgeous. I also loved your list of 30 things. So sweet, it made me a little teary for days gone by:) What a wonderful list for her to have someday. She will treasure it forever.

Anonymous March 6, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

Happy Birthday Maya! Such gorgeous shots and a lovely list :o)

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 March 6, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Maegan-
Your list along with the pictures of Maya are just beautiful. I love the first portrait of her, my favorite! Now you have really got me wanting another baby after reading all those sweet little one-year-old things...
Have a great day. Happy Birthday Maya!

Johnna Riddell March 6, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

{ long wonderful sigh }

O Maegan, I cannot even tell you how wonderful this was to read, how much it tore at my heart a bit and brightened my day. I love this list, and the wonderful way you wrote it. It made me think of all the things I love about my babies and all the little things they do.

I loved the whole list... but #10 made me giggle, #12 made me smile so big, #15 made me look over at my layla who is crossing her feet as we speak, and #30 ... well... brought a tear to my eye, in the best way.

Happy Birthday Maya! You are such a loved little girl, and such a blessing to your Momma and the rest of your family I'm sure.

:) { hugs for momma } What an incredible day, huh.

barbara March 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

so sweet... it brought tears to my eyes :) i might steal your idea for ginger's first b-day ;)

Corinne Cunningham March 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Happy birthday to Maya!

Jamie March 6, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

Happy Birthday Maya!

What a beautiful way to honor her birthday.

Kim Klassen March 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

oh my, happy birthday maya...

magean, i have tears...
this is just so beautiful...

what i love most about this...is the way you are celebrating your sweet little girl.

lots of people get soo caught up in life to appreciate how amazing little children are... they talk about it'll be easier when...they are out of diapers, when they go to school.... and wow...before you know it, you wake up and it's almost over.

and looking back, the years when they need you completely. and they are always with you, safe and sound, are truly the BEST years.....

enjoy maya's b'day and thank you for sharing this list....

always so nice to be here....xxo,kim♥

janine March 7, 2010 at 3:23 AM  

This is a beautiful post! I absolutely adore the list and the photos - I may have to steal the idea for a layout about each of my boys. I hope you all had a great day yesterday and that today will be a fantastic start to another year with your sweet baby girl :)

Unknown March 7, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

le sigh....this list and the pictures of your beautiful little baby are wonderful. brought a little tear to my eye...and made me think about a second baby (but just for a second :) what a lovely family you have.

Kathleen March 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

Oh, I'm in love with the birthday girl too!
Thanks for sharing your sweet observations of your not-so-little-one.
Happy day.

casual friday every day March 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

This is a beautiful love story about your baby girl!

Happy 1 year birthday, baby.

Nell

Kristi March 7, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Happy Birthday sweet Maya! This was a wonderful post Maegan...full of emotion, love & wonderful memories of Maya that I'm sure you will always treasure. My children's birthdays are my most favorite days of the year. A wonderful way to celebrate the little blessing that they are. Thank you for sharing her day with us. Happy birthday to you too...Mommy.

Nicole March 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

so sweet! #9 cracked me up!
happy first to your baby!