Saturday, April 10, 2010

30 Things I Love About Layla {List 4 of 30}...

My sweet Layla is four years old today...a big girl indeed! We are enjoying a busy day full of sweet surprises and celebrations. There are so many things I love about Layla...this list was a breeze to write!

30 Things I Love About Layla
  1. Her dimple {she has just one}
  2. Her little gaped-tooth smile...and how she tells everyone she lost her tooth falling down the steps on "balentine's day"
  3. Her big beautiful blue eyes that can tell an entire story
  4. The face she makes when she colors
  5. How she loves...like LOVES...the color pink
  6. Her loyalty to her one favorite puppy that she sleeps with and keeps close by at all times
  7. Her love for all things little and cute
  8. Her fierce love and adoration of her big sister
  9. How she doesn't give it all away...you have to get to know her before she shows you all her cards
  10. That she does not care what people think {except her mama} and she does what pleases her
  11. She's tough on the outside, but all warm, fuzzy, and sensitive deep down
  12. Her sweet little voice when she sings
  13. The crazy outfits she puts together...and how they look totally normal on her
  14. How she does everything in her own time and when she feels ready
  15. How much the little contradictions in her nature can still surprise me
  16. How her stuffed animals don't have names...they are simply "puppy" or "bunny" or "duck-a-ling"
  17. The slightest roll of her tongue when she says her 'r' sounds
  18. How tough she can be
  19. That she's quiet a lot, but she can always speak up for herself
  20. How she is constantly barefoot...even in winter
  21. The way she stands on her tip-toes when she's excited
  22. How much she loves to color and draw
  23. That all girl drawings and characters must have eyelashes
  24. How she gave up the roll as baby of the family gracefully
  25. How much she loves her baby sister and how she says "Raynie look at Maya, isn't she adorable"
  26. The way she says "she" instead of "her"...as in "look at shes cute shoes"
  27. Her tiny little nose that turns up at the end
  28. Her laugh...it's indescribable
  29. How great she is at finding things
  30. How you can pretty much tickle her out of any bad mood
Sweet Layla, you will never know how much you are loved for just being you! Happy Birthday, Bea!

We had so much fun at Layla's photo shoot! I hope to be back here tomorrow to share some more great images! {trust me, I have lots...we ended the night with 650 pictures!!!}

18 comments:

kristinak April 10, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

such a sweet list....
happy birthday to your sweet girl!!
Ema and her can be birthday buddies. ;)

Cassie April 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Such a great list, and very sweet pictures. Can't wait to see more.

Happy birthday to Layla!

Kris's Kaptured Moments April 10, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

only 650? lol, I can appreciate that..

Happy Birthday to sweet Layla..I hope she has a fun day.

These images are so gorgeous, I can't wait to see more..

Kim Klassen April 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

trying this again... blogger had a hiccup...

these are all so wonderful. i adore the list... you are amazing meg..

happiest b'day layla...

Kim Klassen April 10, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

an amazing list... amazing images...

happy birthday bea...

wonderful tribute meg... ♥ adore!

Aimee Lynn April 10, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

the photos, the list... all just beautiful!! a wonderful keepsake:)
Happy birthday to your sweet little - I mean, big girl - Layla:)

Erin Wallace April 10, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

THe pictures that you have taken of your daughter are magical. Isn't it amazing how completely one can love their children? Quite difficult to put into words

Kellie April 10, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

Maegan, I can't believe you were ever nervous to do portraits...these are absolutely wonderful! I love this list and you have inspired me to do this same thing for my girls on their birthdays! Can't wait to see more from the partaay!

Corinne Cunningham April 10, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

Happy Birthday Layla :) What a wonderful list, she sounds like such a fantastic girl! Those photos turned out so well, love the little flowers in their hair.

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 April 10, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

Maegan-
LOVE all the pictures so far, you did a fantastic job! She is just beautiful and love that list but it makes me a little sad-and it's not even my little girl turning 4, not yet. Hope she had great Birthday!

sarah April 11, 2010 at 1:02 AM  

happy birthday to your little girl! What beautiful pictures!

Beth Simmons April 11, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I loved reading this sweet list about your Layla. What a treasure this will be to her. These photos of her are just perfect. What a beautiful little girlie you have.

janine April 11, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Stunning portraits, Maegan! And such a great list - I think these lists will be a treasure to you in the future :)

t does wool April 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

happy birthday to your sweet girl.such a great list!

Jamie April 11, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Beautiful pictures, adorable girl, loving words. Great post.

Jade Sheldon April 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

This makes me wish I had a little one of my own.

I hope she had a wonderful birthday full of fun, love, and plenty of sugar of course ;)

shanna April 11, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

I just wanted to say, if I ever have kids, I hope I am the kind of mom you are, who gets to know her kids and appreciates their individual qualities. I think it is just the sweetest thing.

Courtney Corey April 12, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

Such a sweet blog entry! Wonderful pictures. Just reading it makes me think of the hundreds of things I love about my little one.