Monday, May 17, 2010

Expecting {Maternity Photo Session}...


My friend Sharon is one of those people who makes life look beautiful and effortless. In fact, before I really new her, I honestly assumed that we would have absolutely nothing in common because she had it all together and I did/do not. My assumptions were obliterated quickly, however, as one conversation with this amazing woman proves how genuine and down to Earth she is. I'm blessed to have her in my life and I'm elated that she lives right down the street!


Sharon is expecting her fourth child in late June adding one more to their family of adorable children. I was so happy to be able to take her maternity portraits.


We did the family photos first thing. I was nervous, the kids were tired, the baby wasn't feeling well, and Sharon's husband has just gotten home from work. Given all of that, I still think we got a couple of good shots of the whole crew.


Once the family photos were done, Sharon was able to relax and have fun. I could have photographed her all evening! She was up for anything and was a great model!









Thank you so much, Sharon, for allowing me to photograph you and your growing family and capture this very special moment in your lives!

12 comments:

Rosina May 17, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

Maegan..you are a natural, really. You've captured her joy so well--it almost seems effortlessly. I love how you utilized the sunlight during the golden hour--it made these images more stunning. And those images with her kids--it helps that you're used to photographing your kids! They look so natural, so "in the moment".

Also..isn't it amazing when you just step out of your comfort zone a little, you discover a whole new world? :)

janine May 17, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Oh this is not helping my broodiness at all! Such beautiful photos, Maegan. I'd be thrilled to have any like these of my family - you don't do Ireland, do you?!

Kim Klassen May 17, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

meg,
sooo impressive... love them all....

incredible images and true beauty!!

congrats to you... :) xxo, kim

Rosie Fluegel May 17, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

Well done! She looks so happy in all of these shots. The light is amazing and you are uber talented working with 3 kiddos, a tired hubby, and sick baby...wow. Amazing!

feather May 17, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

you did fantastic! those are absolutely gorgeous. i actually want to have another baby now...just to get shots taken like those!

Linkie Lueville May 17, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

amazing!!!! these shots are SO beautiful! what a pretty family!

Amy May 17, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

These are really wonderful. You have a gift. xo

Jamie May 17, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

Gorgeous photos - you captured the love of this beautiful family.

Teresa May 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

You did an amazing job! I love every single one of these! The light, the angles, the processing..it's all so lovely, and full of love! You captured something really special!

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 May 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

love, love , love!
these are awesome (as always)! i know your neighbor is going to be thrilled with these...great work!

Hyacynth May 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

She is just glowing, and you captured her sooo well!
And the photos of the kind of cranky kids? You'd never know. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

So how do I convince you to come to take pictures of me the next time I'm glowing like that? {Read: no time soon} :)

Sandra May 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

beautiful photos Maegan!