Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Blues {the good, the bad, & the ugly}...


Aaaarrgghhh!!! The vicious cycle continues. Either I'm in some sort of crazy growth spurt regarding my creative endeavors and am just unconsciously pushing myself in directions that I need to go....or I'm just plain stupid! I can't even tell you why...because computer things that I don't understand stress me out to NO END...but in the past two weeks I have started using new software, bought and started using new functions for said software, had to figure out the whole video blog ordeal, and now I've joined Facebook {although at the moment I really don't know why}. I just keep thinking that these are the directions I need to go in and although I can't say specifically where the roads will lead, my gut is just leading my head right now. I'm only following because when my head does get everything figured out and put together, I want to be ready!



I know, I'm talking in plain crazy circles today. And I'm feeling a little off my rocker today as well. A went to pick Rayne up off the bus this afternoon and as I stood there wondering why she wasn't coming off the bus, I remembered that I was supposed to pick her up at school today! {nice, right?} So I quickly made the 10 minute drive to the school and schlepped in to apologize profusely to my daughter and to the poor secretaries who had been calling all over to try to get my poor little daughter a ride home. There Rayne sat, with her little Happy Birthday hat on {they celebrated her summer b-day in class today...which I DID remember} with a very, very sad and worried face. {heartbreaking!} Then, at lunch, as I was finally beginning to swallow my guilt and move past this horrible injustice I had bestowed upon her, she tells me that it was gym day and because I forgot to put her in sneakers, she had to sit out. {OUCH...full on blow to the gut!} She's such a good sport, though. She just keeps saying "it's okay, Mom!"


So I sit here on this crazy Monday, feeling all kinds of out-of-sorts, going against my usual grain, abandoning my comforts zones...and all the while, I'm holding on to the hope that this all has some bigger purpose. Sometimes, before big and wonderful change, comes this period of great awkwardness. And I'm choosing to believe that this is what it is rather than just my being a really bad mom and a total glutton for computer related punishment.


So, while I sang my blues to you on this Blue Monday, I thought I would share some very pretty blues in the form of these lavender plants. I'm looking at them and going to my happy place...I hope they help you with your Monday Blues as well!

15 comments:

This Heavenly Life May 10, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

What a morning! My monday blues consist of fears over leaving my sweet daughters -- for four stinking days. Is this all it takes to derail me?

But I gotta tell you, I'd rather have this worry than your software ones...computers freak me out :)

I wish you a sunny Tuesday!

janine May 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

Oh Maegan, I'm sure it will all come good really soon. The mother guilt syndrome is a sign that you're doing your job (that's what I keep tellin myself hehe!) And I know all your creative endeavours are going to bring great things your way before too long. Hang in there x

Dana Barbieri May 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. We all have those days, don't we?

Jamie May 10, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

Sometimes Mondays are the very worst - here's hoping Tuesday is much better.

Corinne Cunningham May 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

We had kind of a weird day today as well... everyone had the "drops" (when you're clutsy and dropping and spilling things for no reason...) and then the kids were cranky while we were at the beach in KEY LARGO.... who gets cranky in Key Largo? My kids... Today it hit me that I'm ready to go home, but instead of booking the flight out for Tuesday (like I thought I did....) I booked it for Wednesday, so we have an extra day here. Which is wonderful in so many ways, but I miss my husband something fierce...
Here's hoping for a better Tuesday :)

Kris's Kaptured Moments May 10, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

needed those beautiful flowers today. It was one of those days..

Teresa May 10, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

oh my..these photos are incredible and I'm sorry you're having that sort of day. Last week I was all out of sorts and mixed up the days for my daughters mother's day singing performance at her school. I was the only one who didn't show and all the kids sang to their mommys while she sat there singing to herself. I felt sooooooo bad. I totally get those days and the guilt for disappointing your children. It will turn around soon and it sounds like some great things are on the horizon!

Kim Klassen May 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

oh meg,
hang in there... i know, you know... this too shall pass...

today's a new day...

and thank goodness kids forget quickly... :)
not to mention, we have all been there....

these 'blues' are BEYOND...

happy tuesday...xxo, kim

sarah May 11, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

such beautiful pictures--speaking of blues, I always come to this blog when I'm having a blue day because your photography always makes me feel peaceful and happy.

I hope today is better!

Suzanne Jeanette May 11, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

So I was having one of those moments with the kids, the house, and everything where I just wanted to scream. I thought checking my reader would make me feel better. The first thing I saw was your Aaaarrgggg! and I immediately felt better. I'm not the only one!

Keep at it, follow your instincts, and things will all fall into place. Your photography is beautiful, and you've got a great attitude and outlook on life. It will all turn out perfectly. And I can't wait to see and read more. :)

Kim May 11, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

I just found your blog. Beautiful pictures and I love your instructional posts. So helpful as I'm trying to get comfortable shooting in manual. I do it 95% of the time now, but it's not second nature yet. I feel I'm fumbling with the dial constantly.

Looking forward to following you.

Alely May 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

beautiful pictures! you've inspired me!

kelly@thebluemuse May 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Oh gosh, I know exactly what you mean! It will get better, and your daughter will be fine and you will probably make other mistakes at some point in her life, but, still, it will be okay. Deep breath...

Full of Nargles May 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Hi Meg.. with photos like that, you could never let a Monday get the better of you. You did it. You appreciated moments we don't normally associate with that dreaded beginning of the work week. :) Or go stand on wet grass. That'll work.

Micheline May 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

Oh, I've had days like this one. I cringe to remember them. (And I'm sure there are plenty more on the way.) It's nice to know I'm not the only one and even though it's a little bit late, I'm sending you a nice big virtual hug.