Thursday, June 10, 2010

30 Things You May or May Not Know About Me...


So, recently I have been awarded my very first blogging award ever by three separate beautiful bloggers {I know! Right?} Anyway, upon acceptence of this award, you must list 10 things about your self. Well, since I was awarded three times and I'm all about the number 30, I thought I would use this as an opportunity to pop out another one of my 30 Lists.

So, here we go...

30 Things You May or May Not Know About Me
  1. I live in the same town that I grew up in.
  2. I married my high school sweetheart. We started dating my junior year of HS {his senior}
  3. I drive a minivan...and I'm totally okay with it {seriously, they are just too functional!}
  4. I have a Bachelor's degree in marketing.
  5. I went to college because my mom told me I couldn't get married until I graduated. I'm not sure if I feel like it was worth it or not...I'll let you know after I finish paying for it...in like 10 years!
  6. I used to work at a Harley Davidson shop for four years as the retail manager
  7. I have my motorcycle license {although I don't ride}
  8. Actually, my husband and I used to ride quite a bit before we had kids...but the roads are too scary for me now that I have so much to lose.
  9. I suffered from some severe depression and anxiety about six months after Layla was born. Her birth was surrounded by some traumatic events including the death of one of my best friends {motorcycle accident...he was drunk}. I'm doing much better now but I'll always have those tendancies.
  10. A day and a half after we brought newborn Layla home from the hospital, she stopped breathing. We had to call 911 and she was rushed to the ER. She was admitted to the NICU and they found she had cysts at the bottom of her tear ducts not allowing her tears to drain and thus closing off her nasal cavities. After a week long NICU stay and a surgery, she was fine and healthy. But the experience changed me forever.
  11. I went to England, Ireland, Scotland, & Wales when I was 14. But I really wish I could go back because I went without my family, was super homesick, and got next to nothing out of the whole trip. I do remember that it was gorgeous, though!
  12. I called off my wedding two months before. We ended up getting married about a year later...but I wouldn't take that decision back for anything. I needed time to be sure...marriage is not to be taken lightly!
  13. We had our wedding reception in our back yard. It was beautiful!
  14. We didn't really take a honeymoon. We went to Gettysburg for a couple of days. But we spent all our money on our house...a much wiser investment.
  15. I've seen Poisen in concert four times.
  16. "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" was my husband and my song when we were dating.
  17. I am adopted. I was a week old when my parents got me. I don't really have a desire to meet my birth mother but I have nothing but the utmost respect and gratitude for the choice she made.
  18. My middle name is Aileen...it's after my grandmother whose name is Eileen
  19. My grandfather's name was Rudolph and he was born on the 4th of July.
  20. He married Eileen who was born on Christmas.
  21. My grandfather died of complications due to Alzheimer's during my freshman year of college...I miss him dearly
  22. My favorite band is the Dave Mathews Band. I've seen them in concert three times. One time I was in the second row! It was awesome! My brother took me.
  23. My favorite song by the Dave Mathews Band is Warehouse.
  24. I have one sibling...a big brother. He's amazing!
  25. My parents are divorced. My mother lives about five minutes away. My father...doesn't.
  26. I really dislike cooking.
  27. I don't mind doing laundry...but I hate putting it away.
  28. I have an unhealthy addiction to marshmallows.
  29. But I do not like the fruit flavored ones.
  30. Writing this list was a very liberating experience.
 Alrighty then!  It's my turn to pass this award on. But how could I choose just a few blogging friends? You are all beautiful! So, if you are reading this please accept this award...

32 comments:

DennĂ© Boring June 10, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

I loved reading this about you!! You are so awesome and interesting! So nice to get to know you a little more! Lots of special things about you! Love your daughters name, we were torn between the name Layla or Lilah (we picked Lilah) for our baby girl. LOL.

Rosie Fluegel June 10, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

I always love reading your posts...so beautifully written and always enlightening in one way or another. So nice to learn more about you.

Tammy Lee Bradley June 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

A lovely list. Thank you again for everything you are doing for us. I told my mom that it was like wading each day in a pool of positivity!

Amy June 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

What a great list! Very interesting. I can relate with several things on it :)

Suki June 10, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

Beautiful list of yours. You definitely should go back to visit Scotland. It is so beautiful there.
I spend a year being a Nanny there and I know I will own a house there someday surrounded by cattles and a lot of nature.

Corinne Cunningham June 10, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

I'm not even going to spend time telling you which ones we connect over, but lets just say I'm in tears, and I love you to death :)
And Dave Matthews Band?? Three times here to! That's the music I was going to sit with this afternoon with the journal prompt...

This Heavenly Life June 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

I love learning these little 'secrets' about you! 19 and 20 are making me shake my head in wonder...and giggle a little bit, too :)

Beth Simmons June 10, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

Thanks for sharing this wonderful list about yourself! And thanks for being so amazing:)

Char June 10, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

a great way to get to know you since i'm new to your blog. :)

i love DMB too

Erin Wallace June 10, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

I'm a DMB fan, too. It was fun reading your list; I'm so glad you finally published it!

xo Erin

memegalarce June 10, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

I'm following your blog since a few weeks ago, and i'm so happy!! you are a beautiful woman with a pretty life, you are so strong and inspiring, I'm happy to meet you here :)
A lot of hugs from Chile!!

Kristi June 10, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

What a fun list and it's always so fun to learn more about others! I'm so glad you wrote this. ♥

Melissa Haak June 10, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

I love this list! It was interesting and fun and now I would like to schedule a vacation to PA so we can go have coffee :-)

Teresa June 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

I loved reading your list, a lot of interesting and insightful things about you on there..thanks for sharing! I also love DMB, I'm so jealous you sat in the 2nd row! This SP is amazing too..really cool hat!

feather June 10, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

i, too, married my highschool sweetheart. my junior, his senior.

have you found those absolutely ridiculously-sized marshmallows made for camping and smores? awesome! they are the size of your palm!

and...not adopted. but sometimes wish i were! ha!

Jamie June 11, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

So fun to read your list and I love the self portrait.

I really can't thank you enough for the amazing journey you've created for all of us.

barbara June 11, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

very nice blog!

Alely June 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

congratulations on the award! you so deserve it. okay, so i am totally bummed that i didn't get to start cbc. i've had family over the past week and they finally left yesterday. i'm hoping to get caught up with what i've missed and to get started. i hope its not too late!

Jill June 11, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Oh, thanks for being so open and putting yourself out there. I can't even imagine the terror of calling 911 for Layla or the crushing heartbreak of your friend's death. When my twins were four months old, we were playing a game with some friends to describe our lives in seven words. Without hesitation, I said,"what doesn't kill me makes me stronger." It was very appropriate at the time!

Izabela June 11, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

Although I've only been following your blog for a short time, I think you more than deserve this award.

I love your list and I love how honest you were with it.

Congratulations :)

Hyacynth June 11, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

I'm coming with Melissa for coffee! Be there in, oh, eight hours?
We do, indeed, have quite a bit to talk about.
I think we're going to need more than a weekend, Meg. Just sayin'.

Linda Jackman June 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

Love this list. I just dropped by to say I would be away for a week, but I have so enjoyed cbc. It made me realize I was boxing myself in more than I had thought.
So many things on your list I can relate to... so many! And I am delighted to learn more about you. Maybe I will see ya when your in town.
L.

Johnna Riddell June 12, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

I so enjoyed your list. What a wonderful look into you and your life and so personal.

I feel like there is so much in here I can connect with... And so much that is so unique to you. Thank you for this.

Isn't it strange how when your child goes through something traumatic, it puts everything else in perspective. I am so glad Layla is all right, I cannot imagine the fear.

I also drive a mini-van... I call her the Silver Bullet... and I love her.

Kathleen June 12, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Maegan! What a great list! I'm even more excited to see you in person and talk and talk and talk and talk... here's hoping our kids hit it off as well as we have and don't need much supervision :)

janine June 12, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

This is a great list, Maegan. I have been totally absent from my computer for weeks now (it was necessary and I feel better for it) and I've truly missed reading your blog. It feels like a real treat coming back and catching up. But I'm gutted I've missed so much of boot camp - hope it's ok to play along week 2 :)

Sarah C June 13, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

What a great list. I had a hard time finding 10 things to list when I was given the award, so I admire you for finding 30. So pleased your daughter was ok after what must have been a very scary time x

meg June 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

We had our wedding reception in our backyard too! It was amazing :)

Kellie Hatcher June 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Meg! Holy cow! I have been off the radar for the last month and oh my goodness sakes....look at you, when I get back! A Creativity bootcamp with oodles of followers and it's about darn time you were recognized! You are brilliant, my dear.

gkgirl June 14, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

such a fantastic list!

liz June 15, 2010 at 3:46 AM  

Beautifully written, honest and inspiring. I just adore your photography.:)

R Montalban June 16, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

Love it - great way to pass the award but I already have it, passed it to you and don't want to be known as an Indian Giver (never did understand this saying though but apparently it means giving something away and then taking it back!)...

Who would have known that today's Hush blog would have been so appropriately timed - had to happen, and gave me the avenue to give respect and tribute. xo

Nell June 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

You're such a sweet, cool, awesome, talented and totally rad lady!

Nell