Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Sunday Creative: June 27th - July 3rd...


Welcome to The Sunday Creative! In this space, each week, on Sunday, I will offer a creative prompt; just one word that you can use as kindle for your creative fire in a project which I hope you'll consider sharing here!

You can use the word in it's literal or figurative sense...do not be bound by traditional implications or definitions of the word...but also don't feel like you have to have some broad and deep interpretation...just go with where you feel the prompt leading you. Your work can be in absolutely any medium!

It is my hope that through these weekly creative prompts that we can all continue to foster creativity, stretch our creative muscles, and grow in our collective creative community!

You will find the week's prompt every week here on Sundays. You can link to your project any time throughout the week. I ask that you only link up once, that you visit and support the other participants, and that this space remains nothing but positive and encouraging of everyone's creativity!

Please link back here and spread the word!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This week's prompt:
Open

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


The Sunday Creative



*Just a note*
My blog has moved and you can now follow along 
and link up there...

17 comments:

R Montalban June 27, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Hope you had a great week off and so glad to have you back... how is that for an opener!!!

urban muser June 27, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

I am sure I speak for many when I say we've missed you since the end of the CBC! Hope you enjoyed your time off. Looking forward to participating in this new creative endeavor.

Magnolia Handspun June 27, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

This sounds live fun Maegan.
I'll try to join in for a few of these.
Hope you are haveing a fun summer with your girls.

Lia June 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Oh Madeline I have missed you too. I really enjoyed improving my photography skills during the bootcamp but I'm thinking I'll go a different direction with the Sunday prompts. It has been a long time since I have picked up a pencil to sketch. I would love to grow in this area. To extend it even further I have invited my 8 and 5 year old girls to join me. My plan is to set a timer and draw together for 5 minutes. I am going to buy special journals for the project today. I can't wait to get started. I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Thanks again for continuing with the prompts.

memegalarce June 27, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

Wow, I've want to participate in your prompts and iniciatives...so, here I am.
I'm in too.
I let you a lot of hugs from Chile!

Taty June 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Medeline!
I am so happy to be here, I dont start very well tough, i tried to upload my pictures from my flickr, something did wrong TWICE!!! and i can delete the Thumbnails, could you do it for me please!!!! The name is "open Lilium"

Regards and kisses from a Chilean in London!

Corinne Cunningham June 27, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

My brain is already going in a few directions with this :) Will sit and focus soon...
Welcome back! Can't wait to see some of your pictures!

Lia June 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

Maegan, not Madeline. So sorry, I guess I had not had my coffee yet this morning.

Megan Belcher June 27, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

http://megula.blogspot.com/2010/06/open-sunday-creative.html

krissilugbill June 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

i am excited about this one! thanks again for hosting the Sunday creative! I just know it is going to be so much fun!

J. June 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

You've been missed!!! :)

Anna Lear June 28, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

I'm so glad you're back and thank you for the new challenge! I am going to go with the theme all week in various media to see what happens... it's wonderful inspiration.

CSC June 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

Enjoying the Sunday Creative submissions thus far! This was a great idea, Maegan! Am traveling a bit, but enjoying seeing! Thanks for hosting :)

casual friday every day June 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

What a fantastic idea, Madeline. Sorry I missed it this week but I'm going to join in next Sunday.

Nell
@nelltaliercio

thedinnerlady June 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

Hi, I'm new here, and my enthusiasm's fired! I must put my camera down and figure out how to do links!
Jen

Colette June 29, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

This looks like so much fun! I can't wait to give it a try.

Pei-Lin July 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

Hello, Madeline! Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!

Thanks for organizing such a fabulous event! I like to play with my imagination! This is gonna help stretch my creativity for sure. Gonna be back for more every week!

Have a fabulous Fourth-of-July weekend! Enjoy the sun and fun!