Thursday, June 3, 2010

30 Things I Vow To Do This Summer...


I can hardly believe that 1) it is June already and 2) that Rayne's very last day as a  Kindergartner is tomorrow. It's just like life to serve up a big 'ole helping of change right when you start to get comfy. You know {or perhaps you don't} the way I feel about setting intentions so as not to let opportunities pass you by. So I thought since I'm way behind on my 30 Lists and since my mind is all but mush due to all the writing I've been doing for Boot Camp, that I would pop out a List of 30 summer intentions.


30 Things I Vow To Do This Summer
  1. Get outside...even though it's hot...even though it's really stinking hot
  2. Eat lots of popsicles
  3. Swim in our big pool...a lot...to make it worth all the time and money we put into it each year
  4. Go hiking
  5. Sleep in our tent...all together...even if it's in our back yard
  6. Go to Maine
  7. Meet some online friends in person
  8. Go out for ice cream
  9. Wear sunscreen
  10. Swim in a lake
  11. Swim in the ocean
  12. Find sea glass
  13. Not watch too closely as the baby-ness just seems to be falling off of Maya 
  14. Go out to eat with only my husband
  15. Eat crabs
  16. Go strawberry picking
  17. Read books
  18. Play with my children
  19. Spend more time off the computer than on
  20. Eat outside
  21. Begin taking more portraits
  22. Will make sure I'm in more pictures
  23. Go to the farmer's market
  24. Grill as often as possible
  25. Invite friends over for dinner
  26. Ride a ferris wheel
  27. Dry laundry on the line
  28. Relax
  29. Enjoy having my babies home
  30. Kiss, hug, relish, snuggle, read to, play with, teach, encourage, inspire, and love my children

In other news, I am getting so pumped for Creativity Boot Camp! I'd love to have an entire day to just sit and re-work some of the posts...but that's just not in the cards and it'll be great as it is...I hope!


I'm trying not to get overly emotional about Rayne's last day of Kindergarten...but well, let's face it, it's me and I will! But she is excited and ready and we have a whole big summer to look forward to!


Tomorrow, I will finally get to spill the beans about a very exciting venture! Please do stop back!


And, last but not least, all of the images in this post were processed using Jessica Paige's new set of One Willow presets for Lightroom. She has just released The Fairytale Collection and oh-my-goodness...they are amazing!

27 comments:

Sarah Kriner June 3, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Oh,I love you list! So many I want to do myself. Especially number 6.
I wish :-)

This Heavenly Life June 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Yay for lists!

I think your number 1 resonates the most with me. I'm NOT a hot weather girl, and BOY is it hard to make myself endure the heat...until I realize how much fun we're having and that it's worth it. Especially when combined with the cooling effect of numbers 2 and 3 :)

Unknown June 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

What a wonderful list of summer intentions... I agree with all of them! We're hoping to get to Maine as well this year, it's our favourite place. :)
All of your shots are gorgeous, the actions look fab.

Hyacynth June 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

Your list rocks, and it's very much like mine. One thing that stuck out, though, is inviting friends over for dinner. Not a kid-like playdate dinner, but a dinner where we get sitters and enjoy adult conversation. That's important for friendships as it is for marriages, don't you think?
I'm also going to get outside even when it's stinkin' hot. And I'm going to play in the sand when we visit the beach.
Hope that the last day of K brings celebration instead of too many tears. What an exciting time for you little girl. :)

Laura King June 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

Ditto, perfect list!

Christina June 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Oh what a great list!!! Sounds like your going to have a great summer :-) I think I will do a list of my own :-)

Hugs/ C

Jenny June 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

I love your list Maegan!!! sounds like a great summer. I love lists too:-D

Jamie June 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

What a great list. Wish I was half that ambitious.

Corinne Cunningham June 3, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

If you make it up to Maine, you'll have to let me know. It's not that far :) And we could meet you for a lunch stop or be a bathroom stop on your way up! Is it silly that I just got SO excited thinking you'd be just up the road??

PhotoPuddle June 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

What a wonderful list. All these things make for a wonderful summer.

PhotoPuddle June 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

What a wonderful list. All these things make for a wonderful summer.

Teresa June 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

What a great list...many of them are my own intentions too, but I have not been so organized as to write them down. I think maybe I will try. Beautiful shots..I love Maya's flower hat :)

barbara June 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

lovely photos and i'm SO envious of your large backyard!!

Stephanie June 4, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

I too enjoyed your list. I think we all have a lot of little things that we need to spend more time doing/thinking about. Life moves so quickly and sometimes we have to force ourselves to stop and ENJOY all of our blessings around us. I'm super excited about boot camp!

Melissa Haak June 4, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

What a great list!

I have vowed to do fun stuff all summer. They are at such a great age (3 and 5) and I can't believe we are starting full day school in the fall! So noting longer than a one week camp. Lots of pools, lots of fun!

Dina June 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

i am meeting my popsicle goal, i am not sure why i am loving them this year even though they are so unhealthy!

The Hollywood Memoirs June 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Great list and beautiful photographs. So excited to begin Boot Camp, tomorrow.

Kristin Zecchinelli June 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

i like # 6 go to maine --- MEET kristin! i hope! xoxox
i love this list and i might need to make one of my own.

Anonymous June 7, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Found you through Corinne and so glad I did because I just love your photos, so bright and engaging.

And I love the idea of summer intentions! What a great way to plan the season. Sitting on my back porch watching the clothes on the line blowing in the wind, now that's my idea of a great summer afternoon.

Diane June 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

Great post. Found you through Mama Kat and now following you. :)

Simply Valorie June 9, 2010 at 1:06 AM  

Stopping by from Mama Kat's! What a great list, I'll probably be posting my own on Thursday. :)

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out June 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Fabulous post.....and wonderful pics!!!!!!!

Dawn K. June 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

I love your list! Lists are the best! I'm a new follower and really enjoy your blog!

Dawn
http://www.thewayiseethings.typepad.com

Relyn Lawson June 10, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Such beautiful girls you are raising. Just beautiful.

Amy June 12, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

gorgeous pix. And a great list. 30 things to do feels like a lot for me to commit to, but I like your list.

Laury June 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

I love your pictures. You are very talented!

Valley Girl June 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Ahhhhhh, this speaks to me. I...love...lists. I have lists to organize my lists. I too have daughters. I too have been grieving the loss of "baby" as my girl becomse a toddler/kid. I just can't seem to take the 2T clothes out of her drawer yet and just leave the 3T. I an a new recruit to Boot Camp..can't wait to follow a long. Thanks for doing this.