Friday, February 29, 2008

Re-Stocking Fees

It's hard to make a good living at the soapmaking business when you spend your profits on new supplies and ingredients to keep up with making all the ideas in your head! I do think it would be almost impossible to make every soap that I've dreamed up...there's just not enough time or money. I just spent the better part of two days placing orders for all kinds of materials to put together some great new products. I took a couple of days off to get some distance, perspective, and motivation and came up with some great ideas for new products. I'm so excited to make them, package them, try them, and sell them!

I've also been spending some time in the Etsy forums this week. I've never been a "chatter" so it took me a few days of just reading posts to feel like I could actually say something. I have to say that chatting with fellow Etsians has made the big, big world of Etsy feel a little less huge. I have also seen what wonderful, talented people Etsy sellers are. I've gotten to see some shops that I most likely would never have found and I am blown away by the talented people out there. Way to go, Estians! You Rock!

0 comments: