Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sharing Good News...


I'm excited to share with you that two of my photos were featured this week on blogs which I read and admire!


What Once Was {shown above} was the Daily Click over at Shutter Sisters on Friday. This photo was part of my opening up and it was more of :me: than I typically put out there in the world. It feels so good to have something really great come out of that.
Secondly, my Bench Monday shot from this past week was the Photo of the Day at the Maternal Lens last Wednesday.
Both are very cool honors and I feel so very blessed!
And I want to share this with you in correspondence with all my "popularity" this week: Most weeks/days/moments, I feel like I'm lost in the shuffle of this big online world. I feel so small and inconsequential in the scheme of things. Some days I feel like I just don't have it...whatever IT is that everyone else {supposedly} has. But I'm not really going for fame here and, well, for as much as I feel like that, I still like to share my thoughts here and my pictures over at Flickr. These features this week were great. I won't say that they validate my efforts because that sort of thing needs to come from within...and it does. I get great joy from writing and photography. But I will say that they helped me feel a little more seen and it was some really nice positive feedback for my efforts. So, lest you think that your stories, your pictures, your work...whatever...doesn't matter in this great big world. I just want to tell you that you're wrong. That they do matter. That whatever you choose to put out into the world is {I'm sure} beautiful. And necessary. You never know who you're inspiring or reaching out to. You never know who is getting comfort from your words or joy from your pictures.
So...not that expression or creativity should be about anyone other than YOU...but if that's what holding you back from sharing the work of your heart with the world then let it be an issue no longer!!!!!

1 comments:

Jamie October 4, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Congratulations on some well earned recognition.