Monday, October 26, 2009

Sharing My Easy-Peasy Quiche Recipe...


Okay, so I know that I promised all sorts of sharing this month and I did not nearly share as much as I had planned. It's funny how having a house full of sickies practically all month long can derail even the best of intentions. So this week, I will ignore this tickle in my scratchy throat threatening to be a brand new cold closing in on the heels of the one prior. I'm pulling out all the stops on the topic of sharing. I am spilling my most sacred of secrets: the secrets to my {supposed} success. We all have those things in our lives that we couldn't do without and this week I'm sharing all mine with you! On with it then...
There are plenty of nights where I forget all about having to make dinner until, oh, about 4:45pm. But I almost always have on hand some Bisquick {a true staple in our home}, milk, eggs, and cheese. So, I whip up a family favorite: Easy-Peasy Quiche.
Ingredients:
1 cup Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup add-in of your choosing: we like ham {cubed} or spinach {frozen chopped, thawed & drained}, fresh tomatoes, etc.
salt & pepper to taste {I don't add any if I use ham, but I do with just veggies}
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour into a greased pie plate. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.

If I think enough ahead, I usually make a loaf of frozen bread dough and a can of tomato soup {two more of our household staples} to go with the quiche.

Voila`! Dinner!

See...easy. peasy.

3 comments:

TeeTee Lynn October 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Thanks so much for the recipe. Sounds delicious!

TeeTee Lynn October 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

It sounded so good and quick that I made it last night for dinner. It was a huge hit! We added some spinach, some feta cheese, and some sausage. YUM! My husband wants to know if you have any other quick delicious recipes. :) Thanks so much!

Mindy October 29, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

hello, love. just stopping by to say you won last months giveaway :) please do get in touch!