Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Placemat Tutorial...

Things are a little crazy around here right now. Good...but crazy! I have a list of post ideas and topics...but no time to actually compose them. Things will settle down after my Open House on December 5th but until then, things may be a little sporadic over here. But I did want to re-post this fun kid craft idea {which I originally posted last November}. It's a really fun and easy project that allows your kids to bring something to your Thanksgiving table. It can really be modified to a variety of skill levels too! Enjoy!

**************************************************************


The girls had such a wonderful time making these place mats for Thanksgiving at their aunt & uncle's house this year that I decided to share a little how-to with you! It's my first attempt at any sort of tutorial and it is NOT perfect, but I think you'll get the idea.



I did forget to mention in the "supplies" about the large piece of heavy white card stock. You may make this whatever size you'd like. I used one of our place mats as a template and cut it out of white poster board.


Also, this craft can be adjusted to the skill level of your children: allow them to do whatever they're capable of (e.g. cutting, gluing, drawing...) or whatever they'd like to do.


Have fun and enjoy!
















1 comments:

barbara November 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

good tutorial... and i love the new festive banner :)