Saturday, January 30, 2010

Progess {A Haiku}...

Knitting row by row,
Working steadily with patience,
Creating beauty.


I'm halfway done with my scarf! I try to knit at least a couple rows each day. Some days that's all I can fit in. Some days, I get to knit for pockets of time throughout the day and really make some headway. It's been a good lesson in the value of chipping away at big projects. And oh how I love the steady rhythm of the motions and the soft smooth feel of those beautiful bamboo needles!



I was so inspired to write a haiku after reading Jill's yesterday. I love the simple abundance of haikus. I have decided to join {yet another} Flickr group called 52 Haikus where I'll post a picture and corresponding original haiku every week for a year. I love having all these photographic challenges; they really help me to grow and stay creatively motivated. I'm excited to add the element of writing into the mix! And perhaps my next post will have to be a summary of all my current photography challenges and projects!

8 comments:

Kris's Kaptured Moments January 30, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

I can't wait to see the finished scarf..You have such patience..I think it's neat that you want to write a haiku. I love words with images, it completes the art.

hope everyone is doing well...

solstice letters January 30, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

That is such beautiful yarn. I use bamboo needles as well and after just one go with them, could not go back to the metal ones.

JennOvey January 30, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

Haiku's really are beautiful. They remind you of how wonderful the simple things in life can really be.

barbara January 30, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

i remember writing haiku's in elementary school, but totally forgot the formula. google it! ;) the scarf is coming along and i know what you mean about knitting only a row or two a day... that's about as much as i get done too. i'd love to teach you that hat pattern... it's easier than you think, trust me :)

Johnna Riddell January 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

I'm SO looking forward to this haiku challenge. What a wonderful way to pair writing and photography, i know you will shine. :)

Corinne Cunningham January 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

I love that color...
and the haiku :)

Kristi January 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Your haiku and scarf are both beautiful. I keep saying I need to learn how to knit...especially after seeing others create beauties like you have.

Jill January 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

Thanks for the shout out
Haikus are addictive
I'm in for 52


Jill