Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Little Photog...

Haiku {4: 52}
My flesh and my blood,
She's the best there is of me,
And yet so much more.

My eldest, Rayne, is a total creative soul. She spends her days either drawing, coloring, painting, writing, or acting out scenarios in imaginative play. Her latest obsession is taking pictures {gee, I wonder where she gets that from!}. She's really quite good and the only thing that had been holding her back was the poor quality of the pictures taken with her kid camera. We decided to let her use our good point and shoot camera {under supervision and with strict behavioral guidelines}. I thought I'd share some of her work with you.

We decided that if I was going to share her photos, we needed to protect her images with a watermark. So she'd have to come up with a name for her photography. She decide upon "Princess Pictures" and I think that's just perfect!
I love seeing what she chooses to capture: our family, her sisters, things she loves and thinks are pretty. Last night she photographed the setting sun and this morning she took pictures of the french toast batter I was mixing up. Her shots give me so much insight into the way she sees the world...and I am in awe!
I also enjoy that there's another photographer in this house to capture the precious moments that I don't!

Her sister is a bit jealous, but I've encouraged her to practice with her kid camera and then when she's a little older, she can use this one as well.

And you know, we can never have too many pictures of our cute baby Maya!
Yes, I can see that this is going to be quite good!

11 comments:

Magnolia Handspun February 21, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

This put a big smile on my face...how talented she is. Tell her how much I enjoy her work.
..and the little drawing at the end...swoon.

farmerjulie February 21, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

Oh so sweet! I love it.! My daughter has a creative gift as well, and she borrows my camera, and when she comes back i am in awe as well.
thanks for sharing..i am hello-julie on flickr. found you there!
jules

Jamie February 21, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

Give Rayne my compliments! I love when little girls are encouraged to be creative and develop their talents.

Johnna Riddell February 21, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Tell Rayne that her photos are wonderful! And I love the name "princess pictures" that's so cute. I look forward to seeing more in the future!

Isn't it great, seeing them be creative and experiment. I love it!

PhotoPuddle February 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

What a lovely post. Princess Pictures are wonderful.

Corinne Cunningham February 21, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

She did a fantastic job! What great photos (and great mothering to encourage her creativity!)
We have an old digital point and shoot that we're dying to let Fynn go with, but he's still on the young side ;)

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 February 21, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

Super sweet and tell Little Miss Rayne she is quite talented!

Kim Klassen February 22, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

oh this is just the sweetest post... just FANTASTIC.... thank you for sharing...

i'm kind of jealous of your creative little girl... someone to share your passion with.... .what a GIFT... truly... :)

adorable.. xxo, kim
p.s. love the watermark... :)

Kathleen February 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

When Tessa's kid camera had an unfortunate encounter with the bathtub ("but why can't it take pictures underwater?") I decided that giving her my ancient point and shoot was more cost-effective than buying a new crappy kid one... it's been *amazing.* She has such an incredible eye, and I love seeing the world through her eyes.
Is Princess Photos up for a collaborative project?

Cassie February 22, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

How wonderful! It's so good of you to encourage her.. and Princess Pictures is the best name ever. Tell her I'm looking forward to seeing more!

kelliej February 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

oh, I loved seeing this, we just did the same thing with Ruby...dumped the kids camera bc of the quality. Rayne is really good! I can not believe her drawing!! You're incredible, Rayne!