Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tea & Sunshine...


The virus that had gotten to Rayne last week seems to be sweeping through the entire house! Rayne is feeling much better but still has a lingering cough. Layla got hit with it pretty bad but seems to have turned the corner. Maya is right in the thick of it and Brent and I seem to be flirting with it but fighting it for now!

So, needless to say, our days have been filled with more cuddles and naps and good food and good books. We are accepting the message to slow down that times like these seem to say so clearly. I am drinking copious amounts of Yogi's Immune Support tea and remaining grateful that I'm still feeling okay and I'm able to comfort those who are not.
Poor Maya is an absolute puddle today which is totally understandable seeing as how she was up half the night...too sick to get comfortable! This is about the biggest smile we're getting out of her today.

So, I haven't been here in this space too much because I've been so needed elsewhere. I have ideas galore and post it notes all over the house with sentences and thoughts. I have a two part post on creativity nearly written...but it will all have to wait for sunnier days. I cherish these moments where my arms provide a comfort that can be found nowhere else!

I hope you are all having a good week! xo

10 comments:

Nora February 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Hi,

I just wanted to leave a comment saying how beautiful your daughters were and how I like the feel of your blog a lot!

Magnolia Handspun February 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

SO sweet how your arms can be of such comfort. I hope you all feel better soon.
Spring is just around the bend.
-can't wait to leave the cold and colds in the dust!

Johnna Riddell February 24, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

what a wonderful post, sick days can be precious as long as they go away, and everyone ends up all right.
I love the photos in this post and Maya's sweet smile.
I just wish she was feeling better, and I pray all 3 girls feel better soon and that you and hubs wouldn't have to get sick either...
hugs.

Kim Klassen February 24, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

your pics are breath taking.... truly...
sooo beautiful... and sweet... sigh... little girls....

i wanted to say i tagged you... on my blog. :) but NO pressure.... at all....

i love coming here... hugs to all...xxo, kim

Kathleen February 24, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

I love the image of you jotting down ideas and sentences on post-it notes and sticking them all over the house! Maybe it's a new decorating style, like piles of library books and art supplies everywhere.

These icky viruses take so much out of us - and make me so grateful for my overwhelmingly healthy kids and the power of a good cuddle.

Be well - xoxox

Jamie February 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

I hope you all start feeling well soon.

Corinne Cunningham February 24, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

The poor thing!!!
I hope the sickness leaves your house soon...

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 February 24, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

Awww...so sorry to hear that! Hope everyone is better soon. I hope it misses you completely, Maeagn!

Love your flower!<3

Cassie February 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

I hope everyone feels better soon! Being sick surely is no fun. Where can you get that tea?

casual friday every day February 26, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Sorry about the sickies...we've all been cycling through crud all year, it seems. I hope things clear up soon.

I HAD to comment about how incredible your childrens names are! I love, love, love their names!

Nell