Friday, February 19, 2010

Realities & Blessings...

So, as a way of re-caping the week, I thought I would try a little something I've named "realities & blessings." I'd like to make it a weekly thing AND I'd love it if you'd join me.

Why realities & blessings? Well because things aren't always wonderful here but at the same time...they are. So here we go:


Reality: Rayne has been home sick for two and a half days. She's not been real happy nor has she been in the best of moods {naturally given the sick part}
Blessing: There has been lots of down time, cuddles, hugs, not leaving the house, soup, comfort foods, etc...my favorite things!


Reality: Maya has the most focused obsession with Elmo. We must, at all times, have all things Elmo going on and sometimes simultaneously. She asks for Elmo about one million times a day.
Blessing: She says "Mel-mel-mo" in her sweet little voice about one million times a day. And he brings her so much joy it's almost palpable.


Realtiy: As a result of being cooped up in the house all week, our play areas and bed rooms are literally covered with books, dress up clothes, stuffed animals, polly pockets, etc.
Blessing: I have had the distinct pleasure of witnessing some very cleaver play amongst my girls and seen some very interesting outfits {especially on Bea (that's what we call Layla, for those of you who don't know)}.

Reality: I have been a total bum little lethargic this week. I have totally been shirking all most of my adult duties and therefore have lots of non-fun things lined up for this weekend. After this past weekend which was full of so much, I have felt drained and totally lacking motivation.
Blessing: I am learning another valuable lesson about how times of ebb need to follow times of flow and it's all part of the natural rhythm of life. Plus, after all the work I must do this weekend, I'll have a sort of fresh start on Monday!

Reality: Due to the aforementioned reality, my house is a complete and utter mess.
Blessing: I'm not sure I see a true blessing there unless you count the fact that I'm now highly motivated to clean.

Okay, so there it is. It's pretty simple. You just list some realities in your life and a corresponding silver lining, if you will. I'd love to have you play along. If you do, just put your link in the comments.

Happy Friday, everyone! xo

14 comments:

Kris's Kaptured Moments February 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

sometimes you have to take reality and sweep it under the rug and just enjoy the blessings...then when you're done doing that, clean like a mad woman....hope everyone is feeling better....have a blessed and fun filled weekend.

Kris's Kaptured Moments February 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

love the blog today...I think sometimes you have to sweep reality under the rug and enjoy the blessings..Then, clean like a mad woman a few days later...hope you have a great weekend..blessings to you..

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 February 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

I love you, Maeagn : ) for telling the truth and keeping it real...it is so refreshing to me to know that everyone else is just like me and deal with all of life's little trials and victories each day. Thank you for that!
I am definitely playing along, can't wait!

Karina February 19, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

What a wonderful way of seeing the glass half full. With a moment to breathe (which is not always easy) - the good can be found in anything. Life is good, even when it feels bad. Thanks for sharing your week. I'm so glad it's Friday - but overwhelmed by the feeling of "how come I didn't get much accomplished". I'm happy to have this reminder that it's OK.

Kim Klassen February 19, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

oh meagan i really enjoy your blog! sincerely....

and this post is really awesome!

i'd love to play along... oh boy i could have quite a post after today/this week... haha...

wonderful idea!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia February 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

meg, you crack me up!! i was actually going to do this post, but then i was thinking that it would read something like ...

reality: was in the bathroom barfing for 3 days straight.

blessings: emma didn't seem to care?

;)

love that you see the good in everything around you!! and love that you love life so much.

xo

Corinne Cunningham February 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

What a beautiful way to look at life, celebrating both reality and the silver lining. Life wouldn't be complete without both :)

Jamie February 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Love it!

Reality: Another two days spent snowed in which resulted in me being behind at work and a bit stir crazy.
Blessing: Getting to spend more time watching the Olympics - one of my favorite passtimes.

Beth Simmons February 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Love this blog post today! You have a beautiful way of sharing your life and insights.

HeidiH February 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

Maegan, that's awesome and so very much how I feel most weeks! It's nice to see you putting it out there in such a positive way. I really understand the ebb and flow and have found myself focusing on letting it be in the last few weeks, knowing it will work it's way out. I'll definitely join in!

Kathleen February 20, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

beautiful! I've been writing a "silver linings" post in my head for days... maybe it's time to get it down!

Anonymous February 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

I was in Border's yesterday taking a Mommy break. I saw your feature in Artful Blogging...very inspiring and perfect timing after a long week with a 2 year old! :)

Jill February 22, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

So good to look at both sides of the coin. That last image made me chuckle out loud. Priceless.

Mindy March 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

i love this post! thanks for the beautiful perspective :) i sahred a little of my own today inspired by You!