Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Three Perspectives Project...

Back in January, I joined in on a collaboration with two other photographers. I mentioned it here a couple of times, but the idea is that each week, we pick a theme via a blind finger through the dictionary. We then take a picture depicting that theme. Then on Tuesday nights, we put our images together in a diptych. It is always so cool to see our different interpretations of a particular theme and also to see how well they come together. This week, our theme was "wet" and I am in love with how they look together this week. I just had to share it with you here!

I am enjoying this project for many reasons. Johnna and Sarah are amazing photographers and really wonderful women. It's been a joy getting to know them a bit better and working with them has been nothing but fantastic! Also, I enjoy the challenge of having a weekly theme...it helps me photograph things I might not have thought to otherwise. If you'd like to see some of our other triptychs from the past 15 weeks, you can see them all in my Three Perspectives Project Flickr set.

And while you're there...
I've started to get some things around so I can start getting some prints up for sale in the shop. But I'd love your input as to which prints I should offer. So, if you're over at my Flickr site and you see something that you think people might like to purchase, simply add a comment that says "shop!" and I'll know what you mean. I would really appreciate your input!

7 comments:

nic [luzia pimpinella] April 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

this is breathtaking! LOVE.

Jenn April 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

What a great idea! Do mind if I borrow it.
I'm always looking for ways to inspire my own work.

Nothing around here in my part of Texas looks as breathtaking as many of the images I see on blogs.

Maybe I just need to find something that makes me see my surroundings a little differently and this is perfect!

Oh, by the way. I just picked up your blog in the last few weeks, and I am tickled....working on how to figure out how to work wordpress so I can get mine going.

Jamie April 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

i can't wait for prints to go up in your shop - I have a wall saved in my Lexington apartment for your work!

Love this series of photos - they look amazing together.

Kelly April 28, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

This one did come together nicely! Love ALL the shots! A very fun project. I think I know of a couple right off that I would purchase, so I'll go comment! :)

Kristi April 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

I love the perspectives project! It's always so interesting to see how everyone interprets a word or an idea. All three images are so beautiful.

feather April 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

beautiful shots! what fun!

janine April 29, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Love these images together :) And as for the prospect of choosing images for your shop, well where would one even begin!