Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wishmama...



I am beyond flattered to be the featured Wishmama over at the inspiring Wishstudio today! I must tell you that about four years ago, when I first really started to read and understand what blogs were, I came across the Wishstudio. For the first time, really in my entire life, I realized that there were other women in this world like me; artistic, creative, family focused, open, honest, authentic. It literally changed my life and allowed me to finally open up and embrace who I really was. The Wishstudio connected me to women who inspired me and taught me about living a creative life. These women encouraged me to embrace my creative side and taught me what all the different faces of creativity could look like. I used to think that "artist" meant "painter"...which I am not. The world of blogging has opened up these terms, opened up my options, and opened up my visions for my own life.

I am so grateful to the Wishstudio for opening my eyes and introducing me to so many great women four years ago. Today, the Wishstudio looks a bit different than it did back then; it's growing and evolving and getting ready to launch its new website! But it's still where I go for inspiration and encouragement. It's also a great place to meet some fantastic women with whom I share many interests!

I was literally over the moon when Mindy asked me to write a Wishmama piece for them. I mean, hello, an opportunity to write about creativity and motherhood {my two favorite topics}...count me in! Please do join me over there and I guarantee you'll fall for the Wishstudio as well!

And if you've popped over here from there...Welcome!

7 comments:

janine April 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

How very exciting indeed! I've also noticed that little change over there in your sidebar where your website is - good for you:)

Jan's camera April 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

I love the summery skirt photo. Congrats on Wishmama.

Kim Klassen April 7, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

oh sooo happy for you!!

wonderful! truly... i loved your posting...

and i love the images in this post too!

♥kim

Beverly April 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

congrats. great photos and post

Jamie April 8, 2010 at 5:59 AM  

Congratulations! I loved your piece, it was so inspiring.

Laurie April 8, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

This is wonderful for you!! I'm on way over there to read what you wrote and to acquaint myself with the wishmama's.. :-)

Johnna Riddell April 8, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

wonderful read and wonderful you! Such a delight to my day!! :)

{ hugs }