Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Scenes : : Out & About...


Okay, friends, today is the last day of our little winter series here at the ole' blog. I must say I have truly enjoyed this time to speak to you through pictures and show you around my wintry home. I must say that, although this particular post contains no pics of my adorable kids, it just may be my favorite of the series. I shot most of these on my drive to take Rayne to school yesterday morning. {I did stop the car to take pictures...I had children in the car for goodness sake} I love these images because most of them are things I pass often through my week. One of the things I like most about photography is its ability to make the ordinary look extraordinary.




























Oh, okay...you know I can't leave baby Maya out of this! Plus, yesterday was her 10 month birthday. {I'm going to be an absolute puddle in exactly two months...}





Thank you for joining me this week. I hope you've enjoyed seeing winter through our eyes.

5 comments:

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia January 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

you do very good things for winter ... i mean, i would actually live in the cold & snow after looking at your pictures! and that's saying A LOT! ;)

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

is photo #3 on flickr? it should be - it'll hit front page for sure!

xoxo

Jamie January 8, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Wow - so beautiful!

Johnna Riddell January 8, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

you are so awesome! I love all these photos... makes me really want to get the kids bundled and go for a drive to some of my favorite spots around the county... maybe I will monday... we need that.
LOVE the tones in all these! WOW!

You turn everything into art

Unknown January 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Oh my goodness! I did the same thing the other day. I had 20 free minutes so I grabbed my camera and headed around town capturing winter. It was so pretty. I didn't see any tractors though. I love tractors. And farms. And farmers.

Nell January 11, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

Oh little baby! So sweet.

And I wish I could find the beauty in this snow, ice, cold stuff. you've done such a beautiful job of making it all look so magical!

Nell