Thursday, March 11, 2010

30 Things Making Me Happy Right Now {List 2 :30}...


There has been so much going on here {beyond getting pulled over and what not} and I thought there would be no better way to touch on all of it than by banging out another list for my 30 Lists project.

30 Things Making Me Happy Right Now

1. Warm temperatures that have allowed us to be outside more than in this week.
2. Windows open just enough to let the sun kissed fresh air waft through the house
3. Watching Maya walk in the grass for the first time
4. Watching Maya explore the outdoors as if the world just got much, much bigger
5. Going for early morning walks after Rayne gets on the bus
6. Coming home from morning walks and enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee


7. Signs of Spring emerging here and there
8. Having Rayne console me about forgetting picture day at school "It's okay, Mom. I had this pretty purple shirt on and pictures were before snack time!"

9. Letting the sun shine in through the windows
10. Getting so much support for my decision to close up the soap shop
11. Selling off my inventory and earning a little money to invest in photography
12. Letting go of who I thought I was to embrace who I am

13. Eating the first affordable strawberries of the season
14. Making and eating strawberry shortcake

15. Writing...I'm seriously loving words right now and the process of stringing them together
16. Seeing everyone's pretty Spring blossoms on Flickr
17. Mornings with Layla {she doesn't pay me much attention when Rayne is home, so I enjoy my time with her while Rayne is at school}
18. Listening to the new Breaking Benjamin cd
19. Making new blog friends
20. This post...seriously, you must read it...I was laughing quite loudly!
21. Starting to think about ideas for Layla's four year photos
22. Thinking about possibilities for the future...and feeling quite content to dream for now

23. Hearing Rayne talk my ear off about this and that and sounding so grown up {and so much like me!}
24. Learning some fundamentals of photography
25. Watching Layla set up and take still life photos in her room
26. Watching the snow melt away little by little
27. Looking forward to Rayne having the day off tomorrow
28. A Dunkin Donuts gift card that has been satisfying my cravings for the past few weeks {thanks, Mom!}
30. Looking forward to getting some free time to create this weekend
What's making you happy this week?

14 comments:

Kim Klassen March 11, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

okay i am seriously needing to do a list of gratitude..right now!!

i'm pouty and sad and not sure why tonight...

this completely CHEERED me up... thank you...

i love #8 and #25.... :) but they are all wonderful...

you inspire me...your images blow me AWAY!
♥ kim

Corinne Cunningham March 11, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Those strawberries look so yummy!
The writing thing is making me happy these days as well :)

barbara March 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

after reading your beautiful list i went and read that blog post you linked to... holy cow was that funny! i think we all feel like that at some point or another. love your photos :)

Cassie March 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM  

What is making me happy this week? Going through photographs from my recent trip, new stickers from my mom, and Tim Hortons *coffee in the North* starting their "roll up the rim to win" where you can get free coffee.. <3

Beth Simmons March 12, 2010 at 1:49 AM  

Just reading your list and seeing your awesome photos made me happy:)

Nicole March 12, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

the sunshine and enjoying it with my girls!
reading this post also made me happy :)
p.s. your stawberries looked gorgeous!

Kathleen March 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

"Letting go of who I thought I was to embrace who I am" - now THAT's something to be happy about! Thanks for the inspiration!

Magnolia Handspun March 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Great list!
Strawberies, sunshine and opening our windows letting fresh air in...yep, makes me happy1

Jamie March 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Love the list!

I'm secretly hoping you are going to open a shop to sell your photos. Everyday I fall in love with another one.

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 March 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

Love your list, Maegan. You are a very smart and insightful mama! Great photos!

Charlotte March 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Wow - I love this list!

I am loving Spring for definite - I took the little one for a picnic at the first signs of it earlier this week!

I am going to write my own list - it was meant to be one of my new years resolutions to make notes of things that made me smile.

Charlotte xx

janine March 12, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

Well your list is making me happy for one! The two very cute handmade mothers day cards on my mantlepiece are definitely putting a smile on my face. And the prospect of creating something this weekend has me smiling already :)

Marie. March 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Those strawberries look mouth watering!

I wish the sun would come out, its gloomy and rainy today but it's been sunny all week. Oh how I miss the sun!

Anonymous March 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

I love your list and the photos to accompany. Good idea to post a list of things that make you happy, I am inspired to do the same :)