Friday, March 12, 2010

Realities & Blessings...

...the down & dirty quick version 'cause I'm almost too tired to do it, but I don't want to miss! {darn my responsible nature!} Plus, it is a good opportunity to share some bowling pics with you from last weekend. Anywho...here we are for another week, because...
~even when things aren't wonderful, they still kind of are.~

Reality: I am really and truly saying goodbye to the business that I poured so much into over the past three years.
Blessing: I really and truly feel that this is the right decision and I'm so excited about what this particular clearing out might allow in its place...in the future.

Reality: I got pulled over, with my kids in the car, and I got a hefty citation for my registration being expired.
Blessing: 1) I got a really valuable life lesson from the ordeal and 2) my wonderful hubby, not once said anything about my bad driving or irresponsibility...I don't know if I'd have been so understanding had the roles been switched. That man teaches me about love each and every day.


Reality: I did not get an opportunity to post the second in my series on Fostering Creativity as I had planned...adding that to the growing list of posts I'd like to write but haven't.
Blessing: I have no shortage of things to say here in this little space of mine. Plus, I'm happy to not rush through, popping out mediocre posts while I'd rather be doing something else. {ahem...I totally realize that's kinda what I'm doing tonight...but it's okay!}


Reality: It has rained all day today and is scheduled to rain all weekend
Blessing: We are coming off nearly a week of gorgeous weather. My house needs cleaned, laundry needs done, and I have a writing deadline to meet by Monday...{Mindy, I promise it's coming!!!}. So, this rainy and gloomy weekend is perfect for catching up on all those things!

I hope your week was wonderful, too...in all the backwards ways that it can be!

Realities & Blessings is my weekly way of looking back and staying positive. I'd love it if you'd join in...leave your link in the comments!

9 comments:

Unknown March 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

i know right where to come now for a little dose of happy sunshine :)

awwww bowling with the kiddies is the BEST!

raining sheep March 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

Yikes, did not know you had a blog and how so wonderful to find out you do. Now I really get to see your photos in their full glory. Sorry to hear about the business. But children and family life are so busy and take up so much energy. I totally know where you are coming from. People always tell me I should sell prints of some of my photos, especially the polas. With my busy, corporate job, I can't even fathom trying to manage an on line business. I guess I will just shoot pictures for fun.

barbara March 13, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

i love this little series you've got going on... i love these pics too. who doesn't love bowling?!

Charlotte March 13, 2010 at 5:11 AM  

God - I love every post you write - so inspiring and humbling!

Did you have to lie on the floor to take that first shot? Do people look at you strange when you take pics of bowling balls? I always worry when people see me taking photos of fake flowers and park benches!

Charlotte xx

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 March 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Love your R & B series, Maegan...there really is always a silver lining, even if it's not much. I need that hanging in my house somewhere! :) Great bowling shot, looks like a lot of fun. Have a great weekend!

PhotoPuddle March 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Wise words as always. I so love your Realities and Blessings posts.

Micheline March 14, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

I've only recently found your blog. I've been lurking in the shadows and soaking it up like a sponge. Your photographs are beautiful. You are a great list writer. Your honesty and sincerity are abundant. But it was the series of Realities and Blessings that stole my heart. I'm a sucker for a silver lining.

Thanks for sharing the bright side.

casual friday every day March 14, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

Giving up something you've poured your heart into isn't easy but having peace about it - at least - makes you know you're doing the right thing.

Love all the photo's!

Nell

Sassy Holly March 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

i found you in artful blogging!!:):) wow..what an accomplishment. that is amazing. to be featured in a magazine from just doing what you love....good job!<3 I love your photography...especially the pictures in this post at the bowling alley. :) so adorable!! take care--hc